• I'm proud to say that I'm a lifelong friend of Trapeze, and Mel in particular, (well 40 years at least!) I work for the newspaper group that carried the article and was responsible for getting the story into print. I'm sure I can send anyone interested a digital image of Mel to anyone Who might be interested, let me know.

Saw Mel a few months ago for a couple of pints and he's well.

When I spoke with him last he reckons he'e writing new material with his brother Tom for the American project.

Previous to that we met up at the Glenn Hughes gig at JB's in Dudley back in February. What a great night that was!

• Thanks for stopping by Hackney...I am assuming that the article you are referring to is the one regarding the book that is being written about Trapeze. That is a story that I look forward to reading......Through all the lineup changes, Mel was the capstan of the operation and I don't think he has ever gotten his due props as a guitarist.....definitely an unsung hero! :thumbup:

Great to hear that he has the various projects on his plate..looking forward to hearing them!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!