Purple on Rockline this Wednesday

• My, how the time does fly by! :eek:

I am flashing back on a winter evening in late 1984 or early 1985, sitting in my bedroom and listening to Rockline...The members of Deep Purple were the guests that night and the band was riding high on their recent reformation and new album Perfect Strangers. Conspicous by his absence was Ritchie Blackmore, but Jon, Roger, Big Ian and Paicey fielded questions that night. I do remember Roger recalling his infamous tryst with a willing young lady underneath a grand piano during a show in Leeds, I believe, during an "interminable drum solo!". Bob Coburn then cued up "Under The Gun' and jokingly called it "Under The Piano"... I also remember Ian Gillan pretending to get up and leave the room when a caller asked him a question regarding his solo career and his stint in Black Sabbath.

I didn't get to see them when they played in San Antonio in January 1985 as I had started a new job and I did have tickets for their 1987 show with Bad Company..only to have Ritchie break his finger and the band cancelling the remainder of that leg of the tour.

All these years later....new music, new faces...hope someone here gets through to ask a question! I'll be at work... :(

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• I remember those days, when Rockline was live here in LA on the radio...I actually used to call in and I was on the show at least three times...with Rod Stewart, Night Ranger and Tony Iommi. John

• Yes....and as I meant by "when it was live" it is now on tape in LA on Saturday night....when I'm at my gigs and most people are out probably doing something other than listening to the radio. A shame.

John

• Hahaha that California Jam question was hilarious. Especially funny since Steve Morse and Roger Glover were the only two members participating in the Rockline interview. I dont remember exactly how it was answered. Steve had nothing to say, but Glover was still very nice and tried to answer as well as he could. But man, what a dumb question to ask Steve and Roger!

• Some people have no clue.

On a semi-related note, there's a shop here in town that sells all kinds of signed rock memorabilia - framed signed albums, guitars, etc. Well, they have a beautiful framed presentation of Black Sabbath's Heaven & Hell album - signed by Tony, Geezer, Bill Ward & Ozzy Osbourne. Doh!

Cheers...Todd

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!