• :bouncer:

Finally, after 10 long, miserable, unfun days-- WE HAVE POWER!!!! Everyone-- thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers-- we have endured some pretty soul searching, eye opening , surreal times...

There are really no words to describe what we have been thru, with so many other people. Yes, we had some house damage, but others had ten times worse. After the storm, there was no bush or tree that had leaves left. Stripped bare. the trees got the worst of it... really old ones toppled over to die. My butterfly garden is no longer... but we will REBUILD!!!

First 3 days without water, due to severe water main breaks. Standing on gas lines 2 miles long, no power to supermarkets or restaurants-- cooking on gas grill all sorts of disgusting canned shit. Dreaming of steaks and chicken.. Standing on ice & water lines to get something to keep our drinks cold & my Father's insulin from spoiling. National guardsmen keeping order on these lines with their rifles. No traffic lights left. Having to negotiate 6 lanes of traffic with a "right of way" in 4 different directions... No TV, no lights, no hot showers for 10 days... Concrete power poles snapped in half blocking roads. No phone srvice for over a week, getting it back and then losing it again. Cell phones not working & no place to charge them. Blue tarp roofs everywhere you look. People across the canal from us with all their windows blown out, stuff hanging from the windows, looking like a bomb went off....

Its been a helluva ride-- but we are alive, a somewhat tattered roof over our heads. Things are slowly getting back to "normal". Not something we will ever forget some time soon. Positive things--- seeing all the stars so bright across the night sky with no outside lights to diminish their beauty. Weather was for the most part clear & cool, no need for AC. Everyone helped each other out -- young & old.

As Glenn would say, "I don't want to live that way again"...

Love to you all---

Kenny & Carolyn

P.S. Hey Big Daddy -- sure could use word of an upcoming show state side sometime soon (!!! )

:rolleyes:

• Hi Kenny & Carolyn -

Glad to hear you're alright. I don't know how you guys continue to take the punishment of those hurricanes.

Good luck with the clean-up and repairs. Wish I was closer to you guys so I could help out.

Good idea about a GH show. We could crank up the generators, plug in Glenn and JJ's amps and have a party under a big blue tarp. :D

Take care...Chip

Chip

• Hey Guys,
    Glad to hear that things are getting back together for you. Another awful year for us Sunshine Staters !! All that matters is you are both well and have a solid structure to live in, even though your tropical setting will need rebuilding. Once we hit December maybe we can get together in Orlando (hear me David, Shirean and Kat) and throw back a few and just relax.

In the meantime, be well.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Hey Guy's! Glad your safe and sound!!!
    Maybe you should move back to N.Y. Upstate ice storms are a lot of fun. Talk to you soon.
    Take Care
    Mark

• Glad to see you have power again. I know it's a relief, it makes it a lot easier to start getting back to "normal".

Quote from FCinnella

Hey Guys,
    Glad to hear that things are getting back together for you. Another awful year for us Sunshine Staters !! All that matters is you are both well and have a solid structure to live in, even though your tropical setting will need rebuilding. Once we hit December maybe we can get together in Orlando (hear me David, Shirean and Kat) and throw back a few and just relax.

In the meantime, be well.

Sounds like a plan to me! I could use a drink about now. It's been a sad day for me. My cat Oreo died this morning. I had him for 15 years, not sure how old he was since I got him as a stray. I knew it was coming, but it didn't make it any easier.

• You've been through hell, with so many others, Carolyn and Kenny - my love and thoughts are with you both. :rose: :rose:
    ... and Kat - only an animal lover could know your sadness. Thinking of you. x

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Kenny And Carolyn,

I am glad to hear that the power is back on and you can make that long trek back to a normal existance again. I had a vision of a relief operation....planes loaded with bagels and pizzas headed your way instead of having to endure another canned meal....But most important..you both are OK!! :thumbup:

And Kat....I know how it must hurt to say goodbye to Oreo....sounds like he had a long and full life! :)

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• :p

Thanks guys--

We' re slowly returning to normal,altho there are STILL people without power after 2 weeks.... Yes Bill, bagels & pizza woulda gone over real big here ( ;0

Kat -- our prayers are with you & Oreo. So damn hard to lose a friend...

Hope this upcoming year brings us all a chance to regroup ,see Big Daddy, and share alittle joy... we all could use it.

Love to you all--

Carolyn & Kenny

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!