Hughes/Norum 1988 Sweden

• Here's a clip from the dark days.....although the scream is still in good voice :lol: A performance with John Norum on May 21st, 1988 in Sweden featuring the classic Hughes/Thrall song, I Got Your Number.

And before you ask.....no - don't have the rest of the Moore song ;) Perhaps someone else can contribute it :p

Enjoy :cool:
    [video=Glenn Hughes with John Norum ~ I Got Your Number ~ LIVE in Sweden 1988]289[/media]

• The battery pack must have died?:confused:
    There is also an backstage interview with Glenn
    on this video.

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• Wow ! The "Mars Bar" days when I thought we wouldn't hear from Glenn again in a musical capacity. Now with the Purple live reissues and Glenns prolific output since 1990 I've had to get a whole new CD rack just for his stuff!.
    Great comeback. Cheers Glenn :thumbup:

• Quote from Ken

The battery pack must have died?:confused:
    There is also an backstage interview with Glenn
    on this video.

.........or they ran out of film or tape. A classic "DOH!" moment :D

If that's the case, we'll never see it :(

Chip

Chip

• Yes indeed..that is funny!!

But I wasn't laughing when I was leafing through an issue of Newsweek and glanced at the obituaries. The words Died; Glenn Hughes made me gasp..until I read further and realized it was the erstwhile vocalist from the Village People that had passed away. I don't seriously think that many people out there could name the group members (for all you liner note junkies and trivia nuts out there, they were Victor Willis, David Hodo, Alex Briley, Felipe Rose and Glenn Hughes...oh man, I need to get a life!! :eek: ) and only Victor Willis and his endless foibles with the law keep him in the news.

Besides...Big Daddy wears far cooler shirts!! :cool:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• .... Hempo Hildén, drums (played on 'From now on' and also Norum's 'Face the truth' with Glenn) as well as Mats Lindfors, rythm guitar (played keyboard on Norum's debut CD and also his most recent, if I recall correct).

Norum sacked Gören Edman, vocals (later Malmsteen) and Marcel Jacob, bass (ex Malmsteen / later Talisman) from his solo band and brought Hempo and Lindfors into this 'Hughes / Norum' project. I've heard reports of quite a bit of anymosity involved, but at least Jacob buried the hatches somewhere down the road as he re-joined Norum's band in 1999.

Check out Talisman's self titled debut!!! A melodic rock classic. :bow:

Per

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!