• I am sure you are both out working after the storm. We got lucky (again) in St. Pete and just had some rain and bad winds. Hope everyone else had some luck with Wilma and she is the last shot in the barrel for 2005.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Well folks, I just got off the phone with Kenny. I picked up the receiver to his shouts of "Help! S-O-S! Help!" Sounds like they really got hammered by Wilma. Fortunately, they did not sustain any damage to their home beyond an awning that was blown off. But their neighbors didn't fare as well - the woman across the street had her roof collapse into her home, huge trees were uprooted and air conditioners were blowing around like paper.

Kenny and Carolyn have been without power for three days, and they've been given a projected date of November 12th for service to resume. In the meantime, there's no hot water, no electricity to cook with and no phone (he called me from his work cell phone). They had to throw out all the food in their refrigerator, and are having to cook canned foods in a pot on their gas grill. Not fun, but they're ok. They're just a bit stressed out, naturally, and questioning how much longer they're going to want to continue living down there.

Kenny's parting words were to tell everyone they're alright, and to "send hot food!"

I know I'm not alone when I say my thoughts are with them, and I hope they can get things back to normal asap!

Cheers..Todd

• I'm glad someone heard from them and that they are alright. I recall those conditions well from last year, but I cannot imagine it going on for so long, the most we had to deal with was 5 days without electricity, and that was not fun. I hope the electricity comes on long before the projected time for them.

• Quote from toadsterama

I know I'm not alone when I say my thoughts are with them, and I hope they can get things back to normal asap!

Cheers..Todd

Carolyn - Kenny - I have said this before, but I can ONLY imagine the situation for you and many others. Not easy for you both, but you're both well and seem to be through the worst?

I'm so sorry that things are so dificult for you and my thoughts are very much with you both.

xx

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!