Barcelona Pix & Video

• Here are a few video clips from the Tuesday, October 4th, 2005 gig at Bikini in Barcelona, Spain. Many thanks to Shirl and daughter, Jennifer, for taking the time to mail us the tape.

After much work fixing the audio (seem to remember reading they were having camera trouble that night, which perhaps effected it), I managed to get the clips sounding not too bad, although had to sacrifice picture quality slightly, otherwise they would of been far too big to put here!

Anyway, it's definitely a gig none of us should of have missed, GLENN and band sound fantastic and in great form and we finally get to hear his new Signature bass in tip top shape :thumbup:

Song highlights featured here include Soul Mover, Orion, Land Of The Livin', Mistreated, Whiter Shade Of Pale, Seafull, Sail Away, Don't Let Me Bleed, Gettin' Tighter, Chad's Drum Solo, Burn and a brief backstage snippet!

Sit back and enjoy, with thanks again to Shirl and Jennifer.

Enjoy :cool:
    [ame]

[/ame]

• wow, those are GREAT!!!! :bow:

Thanks for the work involved and putting them up here :thumbup:
    and....

Many Thanks and a bouquet of roses for filming and sharing the footage!!!!
    :rose: :rose: :rose: :claphands
    You even get your special mention, Shirl! :)

Christian

P.S. a suggestion for Chad - why not add the intro of Stargazer to the drum solo? ;)

MEDUSA

• Thank you so much, great vids!

What can you really say... It's such a joy to hear Glenn being able to give these amazing performances and clearly enjoying what he's doing. You just have to respect him for being where he is today given that the odds must have once been anything but good. I hope things go his way and he can continue to write and perform music from his heart and soul for at least as long as it will take Finland to win the Soccer World Cup. Ok, that is a wee bit exaggerated... Someone could change "Finland" to "England" and add "again", but in this context that would be too daring, since it seems this time only one man can screw it all up and that is the one hailing from Sweden... ;)

Listening to Whiter Shade... and Mistreated makes me cross my fingers for this orchestra thing to become reality. I have hoped for something in that vein to happen, Jon Lord and Uli Jon Roth as possible partners have crossed my mind. Glenn's abilities deserve to be heard and recorded with a proper orchestra and hopefully the performances will feature material that lets all the colours in his voice shine. Maybe also a duet with some great female singer...

"It's not what you say, it's the feeling that's the song"

• Thanks for the bouquet of flowers Chris - passed over to Jennifer, who did all the hard work :thumbup:

There would have been a lot more of each song if the camera hadn't thrown a dicky fit, but Jennifer had to hold the camera a certain way to make sure we got the whole of WSOP.

And thanks Arnito ... nice words. I too LOVE the idea of an orchestra. Metallica did it, and it worked fabulously :bow: No disrespect to James, but Glenn's awesome voice delivered so beautifully via a background orchestra would be my idea of heaven.
    The biggest thanks go to David for working his magic :claphands
    As a GHCP, it just gets better and better! :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Hi Shirl,

you did a wonderful job in filming these special moment for us. Thank you very much. Its just like shivers running down my spine when I hear Glenn singing Mistreated or Whiter Shade of Pale. What an artist. Its a pity that there are just so few artists like him in the music business nowadays. If this generation of musicians ever will retire, it will be a black day for music fans.
    Greets, Lisa

• Thanks for your comments Lisa (and others ;) ) but all the hard work was done by Jennifer.

Welcome to the board ... I noticed you're from Bern. I watched a documentary tonight about the terrible floods there last year. It does look like a beautiful place now.

Look forward to sharing all things Glenn with you.

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Thanks Gema - lovely to 'see' you ;)

Ironically, I was watching the taped show again late last night and felt quite frustrated that, just as you are getting 'into' a song, the camera 'clicked' off, which we were not aware of initially.

Chad on 'Burn' - absolutely phenomenal.

The next time around :bouncer: should be much better :cool:

I got a new cat too Gema - found her in a box on a car park :mad: We named her Tootsie (blame Grace :D ).

Glenn ... :rose: ... and thanks.

• great, really great ! ! !
    I was at the 2 last concerts of glenn and HTP (2004) in barcelona and this video makes me live again the concert ! ! !
    Thank you all ! ! !
    super, vraiment super !
    J'étais aux 2 derniers concerts de glenn et HTP à Barcelone et cette vidéo m'a fait revivre le concert ! ! !
    merci beaucoup ! ! !

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!