sweet child in time

• I'm almost certain he hasn't. MkIII/IV only did the first verse of this song in the Space Truckin' jam and only Coverdale sang it (maybe Glenn sang it too on some occasions, but not on the versions I've heard).

It's a shame actually because Glenn could have probably done the high bits quite well.

• I don't think he has ever sung this but it may be interesting to see how many Mark 2 Purple tracks he has done over the years - I can only recall 'Smoke' and 'Highway Star'.

Mikey D

• Quote from m.dowson

I don't think he has ever sung this but it may be interesting to see how many Mark 2 Purple tracks he has done over the years - I can only recall 'Smoke' and 'Highway Star'.

Mikey D

Those are the only ones I think he's donw outside of Purple, although he's sung bits of Space Truckin' and Lazy in DP.

• Hi,
    I remember reading an old interview of Glenn's where he says that Child in Time and some other MK II songs "belong" to Ian Gillan...and that's why he doesn't want to sing them.

Same way Ian Gillan doesn't want to perform Burn for example...

T :)
    :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

ps. I watched Rata Blanca's DVD again yesterday (Cheers Juan M) - and I must say that I LOVE those tunes and versions Glenn does! Stormbringer, Mistreated, You Keep On Moving and Burn sound really, really, really incredible! Also No Stranger To Love, which can be found from Black Sabbath tribute CD called Sabbath Crosses is a must have!

• This song "'Sweet Child In Time" was recorded with the Mark II line-up with Ian Gillan on vocals and Roger Glover on bass guitar.
    Glenn Hughes was not in the band that time.

Ayesha

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!