Watch Cal Jam video

• That's pretty funny - would of thought he'd be streaming his own DVD not Cal Jam, guess he's trying to beat DPAS to the punch or something!

Wonder how long that'll stay up there. It's 'kinda odd to find it on a Whitesnake site, despite the connection.

Whatever, we all comeout the winners!

• yep, Ol' Cov is not a big fan of Simon Robinson (who is involved in the soo-to-be-released Cal Jam DVD re-release).

it is pretty interesting to see him advertise Hughes, Lord, Blackers and Paice though...

• There is David's comment about Glenn on whitesnake.com (9/28/2005 7:41:45 AM):

...I've just been enjoying G's performance with a terrific Argentinean band called 'Rata Blanca'...(White Rat)...We worked together recently in South America & the guys gave me a DVD featuring Glenneth jamming with them in 03...Good stuff...

:ghcp:

• Quote from lazy

There is David's comment about Glenn on whitesnake.com (9/28/2005 7:41:45 AM):

...I've just been enjoying G's performance with a terrific Argentinean band called 'Rata Blanca'...(White Rat)...We worked together recently in South America & the guys gave me a DVD featuring Glenneth jamming with them in 03...Good stuff...

One step closer.............to a GH/DC collaboration. HOORAY!!!!
    When those two formerly "Purple Boys" finally get in to
    a recording studio again........WATCH OUT!
    Although I hope that DC doesn't get his lights punched out, 
    for calling our boy "Glenneth."

Poor Glenn. Nobody ever gets his name right.........:hi5:

axmuremoticon.gif

• after DC's namedropping of the Rata Blanca dvd I whipped my copy in the dvd-player and watched the Trax with Glenn on again.

DC must've been blown away/satisfied/frightened/in awe/shocked when he saw Glenn perform those DP trax...

Great performance, great ambiance, great concert hall and a fine back-up band honoring those timelsss classix....

• To be fair, I think Glenn is far above the average by keeping his singing as 30 years ago or so.

DC maybe on average. DC is no as bad as his age allows.

Glenn's performance is just exceeding the average:bow:

• just watched DC perform Burn.....
    Everytime i hear David sing it's like he sings lower and with not the power he had in DP days... he almost sounds like a scarcrow :(
    Don't get me wrong i've always admired David for his wonderful 'barry white' coloured voice... and there is no (white) singer who has such a beautiful blues voice (Ritchie was totaly right)

It would be great to see David and Glenn working together again but i fear we have to be real, it will never happen....
    The reason why i think that is because when they sing (live) together
    Glenn would only have to give 20 % and David 300 % otherwise David would totaly be blown of stage by Glenn. Because David is a very nice guy i don't wish him that.....

BUT A STUDIO ALBUM would be very welcome....:)

stay chunky
    Hiawatha72
    http://www.burnermusic.nl

• I love both Glenn Hughes and David Coverdale.

My favourite rock bands are Deep Purple Mk3/Mk4, Glenn Hughes (and Trapeze, Hughes/Thrall, HTP, etc.), Iommi/Hughes (and Black Sabbath with Hughes), Whitesnake, Coverdale/Page.

[FONT=Times New Roman]I think it isn’t a competition.

[FONT=Times New Roman][size=12]Glenn and David have different voices and would have a great performance on stage together.

[FONT=Times New Roman][size=12]Unfortunately I have to agree with [FONT=Verdana][size=10]hiawatha72.
    [size=10]It probably will never happen....

:ghcp:

• Yeah, all you people are probably right......:(

But I will continue, nevertheless, to continue drinking
    my morning coffee, from my "GH and DC hugging each other
    after the Mark and Brian Christmas Show" coffee cup.
    Perhaps ESP or "mental brainwashing" will work some day.

(But if I could somehow lock myself into a recording studio
    with Glenn and David, and CONTINUOUSLY SING, "YOU
    KEEP ON MOVING" UNTIL THEY BOTH AGREED TO WORK
    TOGETHER AGAIN, I think that they would have to choose
    whether or not to go totally crazy listening to my "voice,"
    or we could get a complete album recorded by them in less
    than a day. Heh, heh, heh.)

Always hopeful,
    Grace

axmuremoticon.gif

• Went To Coverdale.com And Watched Lay Down Stay Down,then Went To Show A Coworker And It Was No Longer An Option To Watch The Lay Down Stay Down Part Of The New Release,,,,???????? Hmmmmmmm

• Mr C should think long and hard before committing himself to any collaboration with GH. Unlike Mr Hughes, time has not been kind to those pipes of his and he, unfortunately, got himself a tan, purchased some chicklet teeth and pursued the american dollar!

• Excellent vid. Thx for posting. They were definitely a force to be reckoned with at this period in time and with this line-up.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!