"Shaq O'Neal"

• I was gettting my car detailed yesterday, and struck up a conversation with none other than "Shaq's" dad :cool:

He asked me for my address and today I received 3 autographed photo's of "Shaq" one for me and the Harrison boys.

Very cool!

For those of you who don't know who he is "Shaq" plays for the NBA (Miami Heat).

Cheers,
    Shirean

• That's cool Shirean...and it makes me flash back on junior high school.

My homeroom teacher was a German lady named Linda Meyers. She was closely related to Henry Winkler...c'mon you remember...The Fonz!! Aaaayyyyy!!:D . I believe they were cousins or something to that effect.

It was like clockwork. Every Monday morning, someone would inevitably ask; "Hey Mrs. Meyers, how's Fonzie doing?". She would laugh and reply in her German accent; "Oh Henry is just fine..just fine!".

Bob Sheppard also lives in my hometown. Any New York Yankee fan knows him as the announcer at Yankee Stadium, a job he has held for several decades now. My brother tells me that he will be sitting at the bar at The Wander Inn Italian Restaurant and suddenly hear "the voice" say "Picking up a take out order for Sheppard.." Reggie Jackson once described Sheppard's voice as sounding like "the voice of God coming out of the speakers.."

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• cool but the way i understand he has two dads-the biological one and the one that raised him -which one was it i remember some years back where a guy in army fatigues made a phone company commercial -shaq came out right away and said that that was the father he hardly knew

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!