• I hope that the title of this thread would be an attention getter.
    I wanted to start a discussion about the great idea for a live cd coming from the proposed GH-Iommi tour. Wouldn't that be awesome ? I think a live release in 2006 would keep some momentum going for Tony's solo career while he plans his next step.
    I personally would love to hear live versions of the Fused, DEP Sessions material. But most importantly could be the inclusion of Seventh Star material live. I know Glenn has already provided No Stranger To Love via the bonus disc with R.O.C.K. as well as Seventh Star on the elusive Freak Flag Flyin disc. However this could be the time to record songs live Danger Zone or Heart Like A Wheel or Turn to Stone. Again, I could see a proposed live disc as a great document of the tour as well as great way to keep some public focus on Tony's solo career.
    Is there any way to get some support for such an idea and maybe communicate the idea to the Glenn and/or Tony ?

What does everyone else think ?

(I can't imagine anyone being opposed to the idea.)

• That would be awesome...and there are some great places in the New York area to record just such a disc.

Someone pass that idea along to Glenn also... :D

• exactly, Wolfy:

- a GH Live gig I can attend (that is not cancelled)
    - FFF
    - a quality Live DVD

these are on my list first.

One of the three will be crossed out very soon ;)

a very good idea though - one can only wish....

MEDUSA

• Hello,
    sure live-CD would be great, but why not make also a DVD? I'm still watching SLITCOA DVD in regular bases and listening CD (in car)... :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:
    I haven't decided what Ozzy era Sabbath songs I want to hear, so I can't give you my dream setlist yet...Sabbath Bloody Sabbath would be awesome though... :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T :) :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

• Tony and Glenn have three (count 'em 3) albums together.
    Why would they want or need to do anything Black Sabbath?
    (OK, so Glenn sang with them for a few concerts in 1986.)
    But they've got a three act play already.

There's plenty of stuff.....past, recent past, and present,
    for a Glenn/Tonyfest. ---> Seventh Star, Dep and Fused.

Now.......the Glenn Hughes US Tour is another (totally different) kettle of fish :hi5:

axmuremoticon.gif

• I wanna hear that bonus track Let It Down Easy.
    Songs from Seventh Star,Dep and Fused are enough.
    If they play old Sabbath songs I hope they choose something rare that hasent been played for years or never.
    Trashed,Zero the hero or Shining would be special ;)

• Hi Lumpa,
    Glenn told me that they've planned to play 3 Ozzy era songs from 71-73...so that means stuff from Master of Reality, Vol. 4 and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. There are a lot of good songs on those albums that haven't been played for ages... :)

...yeah, I agree that they should stick to "their own" songs from 7th Star, Dep Sessions and Fused. But more important than setlist is the fact that they're going to tour! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it will happen! Are there any booked and confirmed dates yet?

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T :)

• I suppose now in 2013 with Geezer,Tony & sticksman cutting their Rick Rubin long awaited comeback album,an Iommi-Hughes project taking it to the stage isn't going to happy any time soon.
    I pressume Sabbath will tour to promote this release.

I always envisaged a Hammersmith Odeon & Wolverhampton Civic Hall size gig with Glenn handling Bass & Vocals.
    With Seventh Star Fused & DEP Session Glenn & Tony have a good selection of songs to choose from.

I am sure though the classic era Sabbath fans will have a ball over the next couple of years.

• totally impossible.. Iommi have some problems as you know even it's better now and more than that his priority is Black Sabbath (album and tour)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!