New Jersey Private Bash II

• This weekend GLENN and his band played a private event in New Jersey, USA. As one of the lucky attendees, I witnessed an incredible set, which featured some songs never played live before.

First, I have to thank Michael Moore and family for the invitation, hospitality and for making it all possible, as well as all his close friends for the warm welcome. It was great to meet up with old friends and also to make a few new ones.

The band featured JJ Marsh on guitar, Gary Ferguson on drums, Ed Roth on keys and special guest, Jeff Kollman on guitar.

The setlist was as follows:

Soul Mover - Orion - Land Of The Livin' - Nights In White Satin - You Fool No One - Sail Away - Overjoyed - From Another World - Stormbringer - American Woman - Whiter Shade Of Pale - Higher Ground - Coast To Coast - Gettin' Tighter - You Keep On Moving

Encore:
    Foxy Lady - Superstition

Find attached a couple of pix and a movie clip.

• Here are a couple more pix and one other clip from the event featuring some highlights of the show.

By the way, sorry you weren't around Grace, it would of been nice to see you, especially as it was your birthday this weekend. Had I known that earlier, certainly would of mentioned it to the host before the weekend's big event. Thanks for getting back to me today, to let me know you got the message and invite at least.

I'm sure more pix and possibly movie clips will follow, as many had their cameras at the ready :cool:

A big thanks to GLENN and all the band members and their entourage for being so generous with their time and look forward to what the rest of the year might bring.

Later in the week, I'll put up a dedicated page for this weekend's New Jersey bash and post back here, to let you all know where it is :thumbup:

• As a New Jersey resident, I just can't believe it!!!!

Oh well...I'll just have to rely on David's generosity...thanx for the photos and movie by the way. Hopefully he'll be back around this way with Tony...hopefully sonner than later!

• Hey....

I think I want to be friends with this Mike Moore!!!
    looks like a GREAT show!!!
    Thanks David for the Peek of Great Clips and Pic's..
    I was in the Airport... Looking and listening ( to hear Grace) thinking Glenn would be near... Was lucky once down at the Hard Rock to meet Glenn... little didI know he was playing in my back yard....I too am looking for a show with Tony!! Good Nite Friends!!

• Thanks David, for posting the news about this party.

So...........as Glenn was driving to this location,
    did he happen to see any nice houses for sale,
    in the surrouding neighborhood?
    Close to New York City and Tin Pan Alley?
    Half way between LA and Birmingham UK Airport.
    (Think of the savings in air fare alone.)
    And he could live in lovely GLEN ROCK, NEW JERSEY.
    An actual town in Jersey, near Paramus. Honest.
    A short ride on the Garden State Parkway to Exit 116.....
    the PNC Performing Arts Center in Holmdel.

PLUS......all that delicious NY Italian pastry!
    (Uhhhh....all calorie-free, of course.)

:)

• Thanks, David - those clips are great!!! :thumbup: :cool:

From Another World
    Funny how Glenn almost forces JJ (after a couple of failed attempts) to do the backing vocals and generally conducts through the whole song, especially the ending (two fingers :D )
    And John H will happily notice that Ed Roth does a short but sweet solo on the Hammond.
    Also good to see that Gary Ferguson is available when soulmover obviously isn't.

I really hope that Nights in White Satin will stay in the regular set for a while - this is so great.

Cheers, :bouncer:
    Christian

• Hello David!
    I'm away from this board for a couple of days and now it is full of gems! Thank you very much for posting these!!! ISO KIITOS!!!
    :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T:) :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

• Thank you, thank you David. I fell off my chair when I heard the opening moments of "From Another World". A donation is on it's way, I don't want this place going off the air, there's just too much to miss! Thanks for thinking of us, you know how long we've waited to hear that song live :singer:

• PS........What was the seventh song on yor list?

"Overjoyed"

Where is this from? Is this a cover version of something?

:huh: "Splain, Lucy." :huh:

• Quote from David

Later in the week, I'll put up a dedicated page for this weekend's New Jersey bash and post back here, to let you all know where it is :thumbup:

Hey David! Was great to meet you this Saturday......I'll get my pix posted sometime tomorrow (Thursday) night...

Jayne :)

In the coldness of love's sweet illusion
    There's a sadness that stands in my way
    ~Talk About It~
    by GH

• Tut, tut Grace, thought you would of known that one ;) :D

It's a Stevie Wonder song - he did 3 that day, with Higher Ground and Superstition being the other two.

Quote from Satchel Pooch

Hey David! Was great to meet you this Saturday......I'll get my pics posted sometime tomorrow (Thursday) night...

Jayne :)

Hi Jayne.....and thanks, look forward to seeing your pix :thumbup:

• Quote from David

Tut, tut Grace, thought you would of known that one ;) :D
    It's a Stevie Wonder song - he did 3 that day, with Higher Ground
    and Superstition being the other two.

OOPS.......
    OK, take one of my prize-winning guitars out of the shipping crate.

By the way, my two daughters are named Diana Rose,
    and Joy Elizabeth. So Glenn has my permission to add
    "Overjoyed" to the "Grace" compilation/tribute CD.

:lol:

• By the way, David,
    I forgot to mention my thanks for posting
    "From Another World" and the other clips.
    Is it just me, or did the keyboards add a
    somewhat "medieval sound" to FAW?
    Sounded like it to me......great live version.

Yep, our boy sounded none too shabby none.

MEMO......To the GH airport surveillance team:
    Split up into two groups, and travel the length
    of the GS Parkway and the Turnpike. Look for
    any car pulled over to the side of the road,
    or hang out at the rest stops, while wearing
    your Glenn Hughes t-shirt.

SOMEBODY'S gotta' be selling copies of this.............:eek:

• Thanks David. Very nicely taken video clips :clapper: I especially enjoyed the songs from Soul Mover (as we have not been able to see them in live in Japan) as well as Overjoyed!

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!