Michael Men Project - Made In Moscow

• hello!

It arrived today... actually I'm listening it for the first time while writing this... :)

I don't know how many days Glenn and Joe spent in Moscow, but during their stay they wrote lyrics to these songs, made the vocal melodies and sang them. Old Friend was written by Andre Lomov. Pretty well done :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

Music on this CD seems to be sort of hard rock. Not bad, but a bit of this and that...red line is missing. Some song are a bit progressive, one seems to have some reggae feel to it, all of them are a bit sad. Glenn and Joe are smiling in booklet's photos, but this isn't happy album.

...and the musicians:
    arrangement/keyboards:Valery Diorditsa
    drums: Alexander Filonenko
    bass: Michael Men, Valery Diorditsa, Petr Makienko
    guitar: Dmitry Chetvergor, Nioklay Devlet-Kildeyev, Alex Tumanov

http://innarecords.ru/eng/news.php

http://innarecords.ru/eng/20041122vip/index.html

http://www.michaelmenproject.com/

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

This is not a bad album, but it will demand a bit more time than Glenn's and Joe other albums... :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

...I will watch the DVD :)

T :)

• great news. It seems to be much different than HTP. Reggae and more progressive, different style, interesting.......
    Still waiting mine from e-bay.....
    Thanks for the first informations...

• ...this DVD IS GREAT!!! :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: It is in Russian, so I don't understand a word Michael men is telling, but filming in studio and seeing the making of the album
    IS AWESOME!!! :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

Glenn and Joe working together and actually seeing how they build those great harmony vocals is SUPERB!!! Those guys are THE BEST!!!
    :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

...too bad that they didn't film making of HTP and HTP 2!!!

Michael Men - Spasiba!!!

T:) :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

• Quote from jerklund

..... all of them are a bit sad. Glenn and Joe are smiling in booklet's photos, but this isn't happy album.

Probably why we're not hearing too much about it, except here ;) It sounds like it's worth getting just for the DVD. I'm sure Glenn has been quoted somewhere saying he hopes it stays in Russia....you know, 'kinda like that old Las Vegas saying...."what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" :D

• WOw thanks for the review. I ordered my copy from Ebay too. Hopefully it gets here too. IF it gets here since the buyer has a very bad feedback..... stupid me...
    Martial: from which seller did you buy your copy?

Anyhow I decided not to order from the website since I noticed this release is all over Ebay. I rather buy via Ebay than a Russian website I cant read :)

• the russian post office must have been busy,i too have just recieved
    mine today,i too ordered it from ebay.not had a chance to hear the cd yet but i watched the dvd right away interesting just to get a glimpse of what happens behind the scenes worth the money just for that alone :)

• Hi Arjen,
    it's his email adress : kazhira@ngs.ru (his name is Igor)
    he received the money on the 4th of july and he said to me that it will take 15 days to 20 days to receive the cd.
    I hope that everything goes well for your transaction.....

• ordered it yesterday from kazhira (Igor) via eBay - he's very communicative, which I like, and only sends registered mail - so this should be a safe deal.

"So I am waiting, oh I am waiting....."

(where's that quote from then?)

MEDUSA

• Just got my copy today from Igor/Kazhira, in great time and packed very well. I'm on my first listen right now, and I am impressed. The music is very pop, with some odd influences thrown in throughout, and flavored with some nice power guitar. Great booklet, with lots of photos and lyrics. For those of you holding out for HTP 3, this will be the next best thing. Just don't expect anything that sounds remotely like HTP :D

Good stuff!

Cheers...Todd

• You're right David. Especially on the DVD towards the end where Glenn and JLT are in the studio. JLT isn't sure if they are done or not. Glenn keeps saying "We're done....we're done!", and then leaves the room. Classic!!

Chip

Chip

• Quote from chrisloeb

ordered it yesterday from kazhira (Igor) via eBay - he's very communicative, which I like, and only sends registered mail - so this should be a safe deal.

"So I am waiting, oh I am waiting....."

(where's that quote from then?)

Of course from "Butterfly Ball". I like the album very much! Every note of it :claphands

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!