• hi!
    has anyone heard of this:

glenn hughes/joe lynn turner michael men project made in moscow 05 2cd/dvd deluxe edition
    CD :
    1 arianna
    2 let the fire rage
    3 warrior of the world
    4 forgive her
    5 on your marks
    6 i'm alive
    7 ond friends
    8 circus life
    9 the alchemist

DVD :
    10 made in moscow movie
    (documentary)
    (all vocals made by Glenn Hughes and Joe Lynn Turner).

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T:)

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

• You can find out more here, although there's not much to see or hear right now, other than press releases. Where did you get the info, is it purchaseable from somewhere? Surprised Mikhail Men put GH and JLT on the cover, since it's supposed to be "his" album....but it's cool, none the less!

• Thanks Jerklund a very good new :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: , :bow:

can anybody tell us where to can we buy the cd?

Thanks in advance.

Pere

• The tracklisting is:

1. Arianna
    2. Let The Fire Rage
    3. Warrior Of The World
    4. Forgive Her
    5. On Your Marks
    6. I'm Alive
    7. Old Friends
    8. Circus Life
    9. The Alchemist

There's an accompanying DVD in limited edition.

It's been spotted on eBay already, but for now is no longer out there - I'm sure more will surface as time goes by!

• Hi Jerklund,

Please as soon you get it write a brief review, I am anxious to know how it sounds if it's like the other HTP albums or something different.

have a nice stay in the summer cottage.

Bye

Pere :D

• HELLO!!!
    and the rest of musicians?
    who is the drummer? the guitarrista? keys?
    anybody knows?
    i wanna listen it!!!!
    the cover is terrible :(

-NANDO-

• Don't know for sure, but when Joe Lynn Turner visited Moscow last month to attend the premiere release party for the new album, many dignitaries, both political and musical were there. Russian musicians in attendance included Alexander Filonenko, Valery Diorditsa, Paul Titovets, Alexey Tumanov, Peter Makienko and of course, Mikhail Men.

Once someone gets a copy I'm sure we'll hear more.

• WOW This is great news indeed! Too bad the michael men website is in Russian. Hopefully this isn't a Russian only release. Time will tell and .... thank god for Ebay ;)

I think it would be fantastic if this is an acoustic guitar only cd with Joe and Glenn on vocals. Since michael men is featured with an acoustic guitar on his website this could be a realistic option. Also it makes sence that there aren´t any other musicians known.

Lets wait and see.

Greetings friends!

• Thanks for the link. I have several colleages at work who read Russian. I will look into this tomorrow and will try to order 5 or 10 copies for people of this forum and myself ofcourse.

Tomorrow hopefully good news.... stay tuned

• Hi Arjen,

remember you saw me at the Styx concert in Brussels....
    just to be sure if you see who i am....
    I'm also a big Kiss fan....
    I just buy a copy of Made in Moscow today on ebay. A little more expensive but i want to be sure to have a limited edition.

More information when i'll receive it.....

• Hello Martial,

Yes I think I know who you are. I spoke to quite some people at the Styx concert. I think I said a quick hello when I saw you because I had a conversation at the time. Then the concert started and I didn't see you anymore. Am I right ? I know you from Glenn Hughes concerts, mainly from back stage. :)

I'm looking foward to your review here on the forum.

• You're right Arjen ! Great to meet you on this wonderful forum!
    I'm waiting for my "made in Moscow" and sure i'll give my review as soon as i can....

• wow... otto become a big dog now... :)

• Hmmm....doesn't sound like it's worthing picking up except for those who "must have" everything :D

• This was Glenn's take on the project when Sue asked him about it ion Fireworks #19:

FW: "Last year you and Joe Lynn Turner went to Russia and recorded some track with the deputy prime minister. How did that come about?"

"That was fun! His name is Mikhail - his father was one of the most powerful clergymen in Russia over the last number of years. He was murdered about 30 years ago and Mikhail had to go undercover for 3 years and he then became a politician in his early 20’s. Before that though, he was a rock ‘n’ roll singer and bass player and I was who he modelled himself on. So, he wrote some songs about 20 years ago modelled around what he thought was his interpretation of Glenn Hughes and he sang them in Russian, before the wall coming down in Germany and everything else. His dream was to get together with me one day and we met on an MTV show. He’s a very, very financially well off man - one of the new Russians. He’s not been made by mafia reasons, he’s a very good business man, a very powerful man in Russia. When you meet him, you’re meeting like a president or something, but he’s such a sweet guy. My profile shot up like a rocket in Russia, because you’ve got MTV and VH-1, and you’re national papers. And so Joe and I went over there and we sang in English. We interpreted what he sang in Russian 20 years ago. We did 8 songs, and it’ll come out in Russia - that’s about it! I don’t really want it coming out anywhere else. The music is very ‘80’s. Well - it is 20 years old!"

JG

• Actualy the music is far from being "very 80's". In fact it's done in a very modern way. Most of the players are top studio cats and both guitarists blow Mr.Marsh away. Excellent CD, a must for both Glenn and JLT fans. While not as good as both HTP albums it still blows away both Voodoo Hills and several GH solo albums. The limited edition (with DVD) is sold for $14 in Moscow (I have mine autographed by JLT). In fact Men (who is vice-mayor, not a deputy PM of course) talks on the DVD about international release somewhere in the future. I guess Japan is likely to follow.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!