Cal Jam DVD Update

• Just saw this (pasted below) on the DPAS. This is one I've been waiting for. Since this has mostly been a bootleg for years it will be great to have an official version and with Lay Down Stay Down restored!!!!!

John

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More details of the forthcoming CALIFORNIA JAM DVD are now emerging. The DVD will now appear on EMI worldwide, except for America (Spitfire/Eagle) and Japan (TAMT). This is to ensure better co-ordination and to help combat piracy which has affected the DVD in some territories. The DVD will have a bonus track, spoken commentary, picture gallery, plus alternate camera angles on some tracks. In addition a deluxe edition will only be available to people purchasing via the DPAS Mail Order Catalogue; this will include special packaging, reproduction ticket, a poster and other material.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pre-orders are being taken at dpas online.[/font]

• Hi JOhn,
    yes - this is good news, BUT I won't start holding my breath until I see the actual DVD. DPAS/Purple Records is famous for delays...all kinds or errors and defective products...I'm sorry to say that.
    And I'm not the only unlucky one who has been pre-ordering all the products they've released. Well, I'm wiser now. I won't pre-order anymore. Why? Because all these "internet only" products have become available from normal CD stores sooner or later. Usually sooner...my friend who doesn't pre-order tends to get his CDs sooner than I who pre-ordered...and cheaper too.

Anyway good to hear that it is going to be released! Sooner or later...:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T:)
    :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

• Yeah, it'll be nice to have. But I have to say, for the age of the material in question, the Japanese video and Brazilian DVD releases of Cal Jam that have been circulating - not sure if they are bootlegs, per se - are of outstanding quality, and even have a bonus feature or two.

Cheers...Todd

• I never preorder anything on the internet....don't see the point. If I order it the day it comes out I'll get it in pretty much the same time frame anyway.

John

• you guys i saw somewhere that the danish tv show with gillian is supposed to come out first before cal jam

• Quote from tony g

you guys i saw somewhere that the danish tv show with gillian is supposed to come out first before cal jam

That's right. You can go here to get a preview of the current artwork, plus some short clips from that release.

• There is also a Japanese DVD version of Cal Jam. It was available for a short time and I was lucky to get a copy. I think this was 5 or 6 years ago.

Im looking forward to this new release, I never knew there was another song in the setlist which DP never released to the public on video. :bouncer:

• At last some progress, can't wait to get my hands on this :cool:

Here's the latest update from dpas:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The California Jam DVD is now slated for release in time for Christmas 2005. As with the first of the Deep Purple archive releases, it will appear on EMI worldwide, except for America (Spitfire/Eagle) and Japan. The DVD will have a bonus track, Lay Down Stay Down, plus alternate versions of two tracks with different camera angles, as well as interviews with Ian Paice (Jon Lord is also trying to fit one in), a historical commentary (especially for our old friend Geoff Barton), a picture and image gallery, a number of audio options, unseen Super 8mm clips from back-stage and the control tower, on screen histories, etc.

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For some preview menu screenshots take a look here:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.deep-purple.net/features/caljam74/dvdarchive2.htm
    [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font]

• The latest from dpas....

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The California Jam DVD is due for release week starting November 21st 2005 (some promo copies from EMI are already with journalists). As with the first of the Deep Purple archive releases, it will appear on EMI worldwide, except for America (Spitfire/Eagle) and Japan (VAP). The DVD will have a bonus track, Lay Down Stay Down, plus alternate versions of two tracks with different camera angles, as well as interviews with Ian Paice, a historical commentary (especially for our old friend Geoff Barton), a picture and image gallery, a number of audio options, unseen Super 8mm clips from back-stage and the control tower, on screen histories, footage of the band's arrival on Starship 1 etc.[/font]

• OUT NOW!

dpas is mailing out all pre-orders for Deep Purple California Jam DVD Limited Edtion today!

All copies ordered from them include an exclusive replica California Jam poster, ticket and backstage pass
    for the show.

The prices are:

UK - 18.99 Pounds
    Europe & Rest of World - 19.99 Pounds

http://www.shop.deep-purple.net/

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!