• I don't think Glenn will journey much down the metal road
    anymore. If he still wanted to, then he would have done another
    album with Iommi or the project with Schenker. I think he will
    travel the funky highway from now on. Which is fine with me.
    I have really enjoyed his metal years & hard rock years but am
    looking forward to hearing more Trapeze/Hughes-Thrall type of
    material from Big Papa. That's where his heart is at.
    Galleyfan
    :thumbup:

• ...and dont forget that there actually IS a HTP 3 ...sorta...Im talking about the "Made In Moscow" recording which is absolutely not that bad at all!

I hope the next album will be really funky, if its not supposed to be classic rock anymore, but I mean really funky, no RHCP.

Cheers, Achim

• How about they didn't want or had the time to rehearse all these new songs. Throwing in a few DP / Rainbow songs in there would be much easier.

Also I think GH/JLT think they draw bigger crowds when playing the classic hits in favor of new HTP songs.....although I don't agree with this point of view.....

• I agree to galleyfan , Glenn is on a funky road and HTP 3 will never be happen . I like the two studio albums but I have some problems with the Live in Tokyo CD and that's not because of Glenn !!! The Band played some songs much too fast ( listen to " Can' stop the Flood " ) , the Keyboards sounds sometimes like a 20 $ Casio , and the Guitar player must be an Yngwie-Fanatic . This album played by Glenn ' s regular Band with JJ on Guitar would be much better.But that's the past , now we all are looking forward to hear F.U.N.K . !!!!!! :bouncer::bouncer::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

I know that I've been sometimes wrong
    I feel my faith is growing strong
    There is a place that I belong
    These are the days of avalon

:guitarmet:guitarmet:guitarmet

• Hmmm

I thought it was JJ on that album ? Whoever it is does a great job of the solo on Devil's Road... Or am I thinking it is JJ on the original?? He plays on the whole album right??

confused!!
    Col

• Aerocol , the guitar player on " Live in Tokyo " is Akira Kajiyama .
    Sure he's a really good heavy metal guitarist , but I think he don't fits so well to this kind of melodic hard rock . Please compare " Can't stop the flood " with the live - version on " Soulfully live in the city of angels " , you hear the difference !!
    JJ , George Nastos , ED Roth and Chad Smith played it perfect .

P.S. : My favourite songs from the two studio albums are "Sister Midnight" and "Losing my Head" .

I know that I've been sometimes wrong
    I feel my faith is growing strong
    There is a place that I belong
    These are the days of avalon

:guitarmet:guitarmet:guitarmet

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!