VH-1 Save The Music

• Glenn could have saved this special. Would have loved to see him take Rob Thomas' place opposite Alicia Keys doing "Use Me Up". Glenn performed this on "The Cruise" :singer:

• Quote from mark

Glenn could have saved this special. Would have loved to see him take Rob Thomas' place opposite Alicia Keys doing "Use Me Up".

Actually, I think just Glenn solo would have done it :)

• Hey Girl,

"To Love Somebody" on the JukeBox, where is that version from?:huh:
    "No Stranger....."

Quote from Shirean

Couldn't agree with you more Mark. By the way, you'll find Big Daddy's rendition over in the JukeBox :guitarist

• Glenn's pick of "To Love Somebody" shouldn't be a surprising choice at all...The Bee Gees wrote that song with the intention of getting Otis Redding to cover it. The song is referred to as the "Otis Redding Demo" on the multi-track box . Otis never covered the song but Janis Joplin and Nina Simone cut versions of their own. Otis was a HUGE influence on not only Glenn, but Paul Rodgers and Rod Stewart as well.

That version on the Juke Box was recorded at the show in Las Vegas if memory serves me correctly.

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!