July 12th - NEW Iommi/Hughes

• Sanctuary Records has reportedly set a July 12th, 2005 release date for the new collaboration between BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi and legendary vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes (ex-DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH). Aided by drummer Kenny Aronoff (ex-JOHN MELLENCAMP), the duo have cut 13 tracks, all produced by Bob Marlette, who worked on Tony's first solo album ("Iommi") in 2000 and the BLACK SABBATH "Reunion" album in 1998, and whose recent productions with SEETHER and SHINEDOWN spent time in the U.S. Billboard charts.

:yes:

• Great News! I cannot wait. But, I want Glenn to spend more time on promoting the great Soul Mover album, and tour the US, Asia, South America and other areas, before releasing a next album. ;)

• papa jo came over the house and played me the album and i was laughing so hard cause it was so heavy and great.

3 or 4 really beautiful pieces of music...the whole thing is smokin..literally blew my stereo up. fantastic!

• Blimey - we so want to hear this too :) Guess we'll have to be patient just a little longer! I haven't had so much anticipation for an album in a long, long time - but that's Glenn's fault ;) for building it up so much and from what you say, it's more than justified :thumbup:

Really hope that Letterman appearance that was mentioned earlier will come about, as it was said to be in June, so this ties in with the release date - that would be fantastic for Glenn and all of us.

:bouncer2:

• great news david this is probably the way we in the US will be able to see glenn play ( i hope he decides to do a soulmover tour dvd - id really love to see him play these songs) :singer: :guitarist your right shirean that letterman apperance would be great too !!!!!!!!!!!

• is there a titel for the album yet?

i hope it's not; iomi feat. hughes

call it DEEP BLACK (or black sheep) :D :D

or even better
    HUGHES/IOMI

cheers
    Hiawatha72
    http://www.burnermusic

ps; soulmover; great that you're playing with Glenn in Holland!!!:clapper:

• You know I can't wait for this album! Let's hope that Letterman thing comes off too. Tony Iommi, Chad Smith from two of the biggest bands on the planet. All these great people working with the Voice of Rock. It couldn't get much better.

• I'M LOOKING FORWARD THIS NEW ALBUM AND A NEW TOUR :) RECENTLY SOUL MOVER TOUR HAS CROSSED EUROPE BUT GLENN HASN'T PLAYED IN SPAIN :huh: DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT DAVID? HERE WE LOVE HIS MUSIC :singer: AND HE LOVES SPAIN TOO,WE KNOW IT :thumbup:

• Black Sheep was the name of Lou Gramm's first band here in Rochester NY!

REALLLLY crossing my fingers for the Letterman gig for Glenn's exposure. Never made the 5 hour drive to NYC., but if Big Daddy shows up, I'm there!!!!!!:bouncer:

• great news again from the forum! i'm counting the days down already with the hope of a tour to follow in the uk. would like to go to the festival in denmark but work will get in the way again :( !!! but i will keep trying :)

• Quote from soulmover

papa jo came over the house and played me the album and.........

........and you had a cassette tape recorder going,
    and secretely taped the collaboration of "Deep Soul/Heavy Black"
    and will "post" the music here? Right?

Grace

PS......Wouldn't it be great fun,
    if Glenn and Tony did a cover version,
    on this album of that old song:

"He ain't heavy, he's my brother" :lol: :lol: :lol:

axmuremoticon.gif

• I know Kenny Aronoff did the tracks on the new CD, but who will do the shows with Glenn & Tony? Maybe, Eric Singer, who played on the Seventh Star album. That would be very cool.:cool: Either way the future looks bright.:D :D

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!