Soul Mover - a classic album?

• Repeated listenings has me wondering if it's not only Glenn's magnum opus, but also if it's not one of "those" albums?

What do you think? Has there been any talks to follow it up by the way? Chad?

Daniel

• Glad you guys like this record so much...i know it has a special place in my heart and glenn's.

such good taste you have!

I hope to be even more involved with the writing and arranging on the next one. We're just getting started though.

I think between tours we can do something before the end of the year..glenn has more SM to promote, then the excellent (which he played for me last week. HUGE) Tony record to play behind as well. I think the next record we do together, whenever that is, will be even better.

You guys are so cool, Glenn is lucky to have such great fans.

Onwards and upwards! :thumbup:

• The thing about music, soulmover, is that (let's say) if a professional musician writes and performs an album's worth of songs, he may conclude that a certain song "is the best of the bunch - my masterpiece." Meanwhile, someone might hear a song that was supposed to be a "filler." THAT SONG might just be the one that touches someone's heart. You have to keep trying to achieve "YOUR masterpiece", but in someone's opinion, you may have already done it.

Pass this message along to any musicians that you might know......

axmuremoticon.gif

• its great to hear soulmover about another cd i cant wait to hear it!!!!!! i just wish i could see you both play it in concert:bow: :bow: :bow:  

• thats one of the many great things about music Grace,
    each song can mean something different to anyone.
    all in the eye of the beholder i say.

• Hello,
    I got Japanese copy of Soul Mover two weeks ago and now I've been listening to that...:)

That album seems to sound a bit different every time...my favourite song changes with every listening ..etc...It seems that SM will really last the test of time. :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

Cheers,

T:) :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

• I think that Soul Mover album, is very good, I love the first four tracks, but in my opinion, this album is not a classic... :confused:

I prefer albums like FEEL or Songs in the key of rock (in my opinion the best two albums of glenn hughes). :bow:

Camel toe Stomp (the japanese bonus tracks of soul mover album) is very very good song, is a strong song, very good & pure hard rock!! :singer:

-NANDO-

• Quote from soulmover

thats one of the many great things about music Grace, each song can mean something different to anyone.
    all in the eye of the beholder i say.

Ain't it the truth.

Still my favorite track: Don't Let Me Bleed
    2nd favorite: She Moves Ghostly

And the drumming on these two tracks,
    ain't too shabby none.

axmuremoticon.gif

• 'Soul Mover' hasn't clicked totally with me yet. I like the title track, love 'High Road', 'Dark Star' and 'Don't Let Me Bleed' but some of the others are taking some getting used to. Personally I thought Glenn's best writing period was the triumvirate of 'Feel', 'Addiction' and 'The Way It Is', but I'll happily be a minority if people are really getting into 'SM'! :clapper:

JG

• Listen guys, I have to say that Soulmover is one of the few albums in my life that doesnt have me reaching for the 'skip' button, there isnt a bad moment on it. I mean this from the heart. Its such a soulfully moving album. I have run out of superlatives to sum it up. I have said it before and im gonna say it again so much of this album has JJ's fingerprints on it. Obviously Glenn is magnificent but JJ is an underated guitarist. This album has feeling from start to finish, it has rapidly become my favourite album of all time. Of course we all love Feel, but to me this is the best Glenn has done, the best thing is, we can expect more and expect better, I believe he is on fire and long may he burn x

• Quote from Soulmover05

...I have to say that Soulmover is one of the few albums in my life that doesnt have me reaching for the 'skip' button,

my thoughts exactly :cool:

Quote from soulmover

You guys are so cool, Glenn is lucky to have such great fans.

we're your fans too

• in my humble opinion...soulmover is the THE best purple/ex purpleperson release since Rainbow Rising//////

• This is indeed a very good release from GH.

I might define a classic as if it's "something I would want to revisit often."

After spending decades in the radio biz, I don't think a classic is necessarily only defined by gold or platinum sales status, or the amount of excessive 4-5 spins a day airplay etc...

I think given the nature of Glenn's music, I'd rather tie him in as a true artist, rather than a classic... he is a Soul Mover... :singer:

• I agree with David that we're still leading up to Glenn's "Big One" (and hopefully more than one!). And I completely expect the next one to be even better- especially after Soulmover confirming that he intends to be a part of it... I've said it before, and I'll say it again.. That "Soulmover" guy's influence on our Glenn has been a good one! It's great to think about what's to come- but we all need to keep supporting "Soulmover"- especially here in the States!

M.

Anymore word on some House of Blues gigs?

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!