Forum at glennhughes.com down

• Hi all,

As most of you already have noticed, the message board at glennhughes.com was hacked. This was caused by a worm that uses search engine Google to find websites like the one at glennhughes.com. Usually a newer version of the board would have prevented this, which in this case is partially to blame on the service provider that hosts glennhughes.com.

Hopelfully the board can be restored (by patching a back-up version) and otherwise, it will be back very soon in a newer, protected version. The Glenn Hughes Message Board has faced more problems in the past which only made the community stronger!

Appearently also an offensive email has been sent out (by the same hacker) to the mail addresses of board registrants. I was unaware of the fact that this could ever happen, so my sincere apologies for this. I will try to guard and protect the board more, that one thing I've learned from this.

I am sorry for trouble caused. Please be patient as the board will be back soon. We just wanna be free, in this land filled with hackers.

Peace,

- Fedor

• It was obvious from the content that it wasn't from you. They must be jealous of all your hard work ... wonder why? :lol:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• True Fedor. All the problems in the past have made us grow into a stronger community. And I am sure that we will go through this one too. Patience we can deal with, but I am sorry that again you get all the hard work.

Live and let live

• fedor i got the email again i have to say that only prison can solve this problem :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• No worries Fedor san!!
    We are all GHCP family who can overcome anything :clapper:

Don't work too hard 'cause we can understand and we can wait.:thumbup:

• You realise this now gives you licence to abuse each and every one of us at your leisure now Fedor? If I disagree with you, you could send me a vicious email and then blame it on the 'hacker'. A clever ploy, but not clever enough my friend! :lol:

JG

• I get the "computer-stupid award."
    I fowarded that e-mail to you,
    even though I didn't understand how
    it could have been sent both ways -
    .........from you.......and........to you.

It's because I didn't know that this was sent to everyone.
    And I don't know how somebody else could have an e-mail
    address of your name, at GH dot, etc.
    (I don't want to write this out.)
    PS........I read my e-mail before I came here. Sorry, Fedor.

Grace

axmuremoticon.gif

• As usual in this internet game it's the minority who spoil it for the majority. Having just been hit with a massive phone bill where a "dialler" installed itself in to my computer, all I can say is that I have nothing but contempt for these sad little dicks who do this.

• looking forward to the new and improved vesion when it is up and running.keep up the good work and dont let these ba****ds get you down:cool:

• So does this nitwit have all of our username and passwords now? I've changed my passwords just in case. :mad:

This guy needs to wear a big giant "L" on his freakin' forehead. No life I suppose...:rolleyes:

Ann:p

• Thanks all for all the kind replies. It helped getting back together the board. Its just a new version, optically nothing changed... but behind the scenes we have set up a huge trap for hackers.

Bummer is though, that all the messages posted (since two years!) are gone since our friend deleted the database...

I'll try not to let it happen again!

best regards,

- Fedor

• Thanks for the update Fedor - my registration seems to have disappeared totally from the board - I'm not even in the members list anymore :huh:

Like Ann said - looks like I'll have to change all my passwords too... :mad:

MEDUSA

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!