Made In Europe not real??

• Hi yall,

i was listening to the ' mistreated ' version on MK III the final concerts.
    The end of this live version is EXACTLY the same as on ' Made in Europe' :confused: :confused: (it's the part at the end when David has his moments)

As a (wannabe) musician I know that this isn't possible to pull of live

So what is the real played version???
    Mistreated on Made in Europe
    or Mistreated on MK III the final concerts

Hope somebody can fill me in.

stay funky
    Hiawatha72

• There has always been speculation about the manner in which "Made In Europe" was assembled, but both live albums essentially draw material from the same performances. From the standpoint of being representative of the set Purple were playing at that time, though, "The Final Concerts" is more complete then "Made In Europe".

I believe that in the case of "Mistreated", you're basically listening to the same performance, just on two different albums.

-Marc

• Hi,
    I was telling Marc that i remember reading - perhaps from Coast to Coast - that the most of the Made in Europe is from Saarbrücken show. Final Concerts is from Paris and Graz.

Of course that Paris show is released also as deep Purple - Live in Paris 1975. If you don't have it...you better visit your CD shop tomorrow...:)

Paris show is very good, but I think that those songs that come from Graz are even better performance wise. I even made myself a CD of those songs...:)

T :) :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

• as far as i remember ''made in europe'' was a mix mash of perfomances on that european tour,with some of the songs edited to fit the album.it was a rushed release by the record label who had known in advance that blackmore was leaving at the end of the tour so they tried to capitalise on the release before the public found out!

• Actually, Made in Europe was not released until 1976 just prior to the announcement of their demise in July of that year. It is indeed a mish-mash of the Graz, Saarbrucken and Paris shows (and perhaps others). I seem to remember that Simon Robinson had stated somewhere that the bulk of the show (besides Mistreated) was from Saarbrucken. That version of Mistreated is simply smokin'! :D

• The Mistreated from Last Concert In Paris is awful... there's no doubt why they took it from somewhere else... hehe

• Also quite telling on Made In Europe is the obvious tape looped applause at the conclusion of "Stormbringer", no doubt to give the impression that the aforementioned song was the conclusion of the concert...when, in fact, it was the second song performed in the set.

Keep in mind that the time limitations of vinyl meant that often the song order had to be juggled in order to make it fit properly on a side of vinyl. I can think of several remastered live recordings that have restored the original running order of the set; among them are Grand Funk Live Album, Frampton Comes Alive, and UFO's Strangers In The Night.

Of course, Deep Purple weren't the first act to have the audience ambience manipulated in post prooduction. If you listen to "Free Live" most of the songs are from a September 1970 gig in Croydon...yet ALL The crowd noise is from the January 1970 shows in Sunderland. The audience mics in Croydon malfunctioned leaving producer Andy Johns no choice but to "move" the applause around.

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• How all of you people know these minute DP details boggles my mind :huh:
    (Actually, I don't even know what "boggles" means.) :huh:

axmuremoticon.gif

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!