Woergl cancelled: the disappointment of the year!

• Hi all,

Glenn has suffered a serious case of food poisoning, probably in Italy (what did you do Roberto??!! ;)), and the Woergl show has been cancelled on very, very short notice :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

A doctor's attest has been given to the managment of the venue, when Glenn's condition became worse in the late afternoon.

For me this is of course the disappointment of the year, but I wish Glenn well and all the best for the rest of the Tour - he's got to fly to Cyprus and Greece after all!

This is not the first time a GH gig in Austria has been involved with trouble. Remember the vinegar incident 2 and a half years ago at Planet Music Vienna (HTP show) when Glenn mistakenly drank a whole bottle of vinegar, thinking it was water. Great show back then by the way.

So - I had a great day :mad:

Drove 432 kilometers to Woergl, arrived at 5 p.m. One of the road crew said that the venue wouldn't open before 7:30. Went for a long walk and some coffee, later dinner. Arrived at the venue at 8 p.m. - concert cancelled. Checked if at least merchandise was available (they were already loading all the equipment) - nope. Went for petrol, fuel (what ever you want to call it, we call it Benzin) - for the second time today - called my brother in Vienna that I would be back earlier than expected and drove another 4 hours back - Soulfully Live in the car CD player, very loud ;)

NO CONCERT
    NO FFF CD
    NO JJ CD
    NO T-SHIRT

Still, I'm disappointed - even more because I couldn't make the Bratislava gig (which would have been a one hour drive only), because I was on a plane, back from England....

Again, I hope that Glenn will be better soon -

Later,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• So sorry to hear that Christian. We feel your pain ;) There's nothing worse than a cancelled gig, especially last minute and having travelled such a long way. At least an explanation was given - hopefully Big Daddy will be better soon - 1 gig out of 40+ is not bad though, and of all things food poisioning...arghh, what can you do, he probably should of laid off those Italian meatballs :D

• Thanks, David -

- lovely people at the club Komma in Woergl by the way - they have already sent an e-mail with an apology.

Of course they are disappointed too!
    Yet, compared to their loss in cost, mine is totally irrelevant.

Later,
    C.L.

MEDUSA

• Believe me, I know exactly what you're feeling.......

I went to Florida (a thousand miles away from New Jersey)
    and found out........THAT NIGHT, that Glenn would not be
    performing at the Universal City Walk in Orlando.

A group of GHCPs stood around the stage IN TOTAL SHOCK.
    Then the management hastily arranged a uni-cyclist to perform,
    to the music of Katchaturian's "Saber Dance." Honest.

A totally horrible experience.........:(
    I'm sorry that you went through the same thing............

PS.......And watch it, Harrison, when you insult Italian meatballs :mad:
    It was probably too much "mit schlag." ;)

axmuremoticon.gif

• damm christian i bet you almost lost your mind on the way back home ! and on top of it almost 500 km to think about it but i must say you are still luckier than me sir because at least you had the chance to see glenn perform i still waiting for at least a chance at it

• also i have to say that i hope glenn is alright any kind of stomach problem is terrible

• Quote from tony g

damm christian i bet you almost lost your mind on the way back home ! and on top of it almost 500 km to think about it

yep, Tony - well put! But I'm fine today :)

And don't worry, I'm sure you'll get your chance soon, and from there on many more times....

Shocking story, Grace :eek: especially the Sabre Dance bit - what did they think???

Best to you all,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• Quote from chrisloeb

especially the Sabre Dance bit - what did they think???

The Universal City Walk "people" got this poor man, at the last minute,
    to do a uni-cycle act, just so they could have something going on,
    on the empty stage. The assembled GHCPs were not happy........
    (By the way, this happened in December, 2001.)

By a funny co-incidence, the "Saber Dance" is an instrumental track,
    on Billy Leisengang's album (with GH singing two tracks)
    of "No Strings Attached."

But I hope that you'll get to see Glenn again very soon.
    And I hope that GH is feeling much better!!!!!!!

Grace

axmuremoticon.gif

• i saw glenn last time saturday night in bologna.

he had throat problem, but nothing about food.....

maybe the day after in rome something happened anyway...

i went in plauen 5 years ago (germany) 1000 km from milano.
    glenn hughes and ufo gigs were cancelled.
    last time was in last whitesnake tour. we went in aalen (600 km from milano).

• Gabi was in the CHAT this afternoon and she mentioned the following:

Glenn is really sick. He has food poisoning - he went to a hospital yesterday and they wanted to give him an IV of electrolytes and when he saw the needle he said "NO WAY"!! So they gave him something to take without any needles.

He is sleeping or at least trying to. I hope he gets better soon. 3 other guys are sick too - I don't know if it is band or crew members. I think it may have been Austria that actually gave him some bad food, but quite frankly, I dont know.

• i missed the chat (couldnt get away from work) but thank you david for answering my main question i know some people dont like needles but i have to say ( i used to be a paramedic) that the iv would have probably made glenn feel better much quicker i hope for his speedy recovery

• Hi Chris!

Welcome to the club! We went from Graz...stayed also for the night...and yes it's the disappointment of the year!

First I wanted to go to Regensburg...but we wanted to see Glenn in Austria...

...but I was early enough to get FFF and a T-shirt...

Hope to see Glenn in Austria soon...maybe before Arrow Rock!

All the best Michael

• Glenn--

You need to take Probiotics ( lactobaccilus, etc.) available at any health food store. To restore the natural balance of the GI tract(gastrointestinal) ...after a bout like that. Were you given any antibiotics?? Not a good thing, if so. Just has to pass thru... plenty of Gatorade will restore the balance of electrolytes but most people already know that.. Just tips from a Nurse that cares.... ;)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!