• Hi all,

went to see Glenn in Bochum last friday (just got there in time, man do they start concerts early, 18.00, i didn't see the lizards)

I've seen Glenn now 10 times or something like that, but the concert in Bochum really proved what Glenn stated and states here on this website. He IS in the best condition and mood of his live. The concert was short (a Glenn concert is never long enough :) ) but he took the house down!!!

Personel highlight was "let it go". I have never seen anyone putting his entire soul into a song like that. It was breathtaking....
    And the whole admosphere of the concert was like a funked up familymeeting :clapper: :clapper:
    All the songs from SM stood like a house and Glenns basssound was extraordinare.
    It was also clear that JJ is like a fish in the water with Glenn, his flying V sound ROCKS!!!!!
    And the keyboardplayer is the coolest dude alive!!!!!
    Just one note of critisism.... the drummer let it slip sometimes (breaks not comming out like they should) which imho may not happen at that level
    (sorry but i just had to say it) BUT he DOES have that swing :D

Glenn also thanked his fans from belgium and holland for comming to the german gigs.

Glenn Hughes gigs are always an experience to remember

thank you Glenn, JJ and the band :bow:

stay funky
    Hiawatha72

• hello.everybody. I was in Bochum too.( We came from Belgium.)We saw last year HTP on the same place.I've seen Glenn between 15 and 20 times.And i'm completly agree with you.Glenn is on the top.(he is the best).Highlight,high road,let it go,the end of mistreated was amazing (thank you Glenn for this emotion, you give) medusa and don't let it bleed.I know there are a lot of fans of Purple but i think it's time to stop to play Burn.(sorry guys).It was very poor...and to fast...poor drummer... Seventh star and wherever you go, not bad but not necessary.Thanks to J.J.now he is a great sound with his gibson flying v..The keyboardplayer was in a good mood and do his job very well.But like you,Jonas b. the drummer that i saw many times with Glenn was not at the top like nearly always,I'm sorry to say that but when you are only four musicians on stage.Everybody must be at the top.Anyway,i think it will be one of the best concert of this tour.And we will be in Bochum next year ... we are just waiting to see Glenn again and again....I really appreciate that Glenn plays 6 songs of his new cd. Thanks to Glenn and his band for this fantastic evening.

hello

• Hi guys!

Just wondering, was it really that bad?
    There was a conversation on another thread about this.
    The general opinion seems to be that I did a shit tour, in this forum.
    So I guess I´ve got some good news for some of you.
    I´ve quit playing with Glenn Hughes, meaning off course I´m not gonna do any more gigs with him.
    Maybe he´ll find a new drummer that´s able to make "the breaks come out right" haha.
    As far as I remember the Bochum gig wasn´t a bad gig and I didn´t have a bad night so I must suck even when I´m having a good night then.
    Usually I don´t write in forums and guestbooks and things, but this feels like it´s a bit personal.
    By the way Glenn is one of the best bassplayers and he is THE BEST singer in the world, that we can agree on.......absolutely.
    Why I quit is a different story and I´m not gonna go into that in this forum.

I wish Glenn and the rest the best off luck in the future

Tom

• Hi Thomas - sorry to hear this news. Hopefully we'll see you over here in the States sometime, perhaps with JJ when he tours in support of his solo album :)

Like you said in other thread, everyone has an off day, no matter what they do for a living. so I wouldn't read too much into this one review. If you read others, not just from this tour, but all the others over the years, you are held in high regard, not just with live appearances but also in the studio. For example, I really like what you did on the Humanial project and obviously most recently with JJ.

So don't be a stranger and do let us all know what you're up to. All the best and keep in touch :thumbup:

• Hi Tomas
    Sorry to hear the news & I wish you all the best for the future.
    While I am not qualified to talk as a drummer, I enjoyed the enthusiasm & energy you showed on the 3 concerts I saw you work with Glenn on.
    Cheers
    Ben:thumbup:

:cheers:

Cheers,
    Ben !!

• Thomas Broman! :drummer:

I'm no expert on drummers and techniques, unlike one or two on here, but I DO know what I see and hear. I'd watched you quite a few times over the past couple of years, but after watching you in Cambridge on the LAHT I was fascinated ... and started to watch you more than Glenn at each gig after that one!

You're a true professional, obviously a perfectionist, a gentleman, and at the top of your league - you really enjoyed the gigs and it showed.

I applaud you :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands , and hope to watch you play again some day. :bow: :bow:

:rose:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Tom,

Like David said above, don't read too much into those comments.
    I thought you were excellent at the two shows I saw in Dudley and London. You pound those skins with as much force as that Chad dude. ;)

Anyway...it was a pleasure meeting you and wish you all the best in whatever you do. :thumbup:

Chip

PS - Shirl, where did you find the smiley drummer? It's hilarious!!

Chip

• I had refrained from sticking my considerable nose into this thread...I think the whole Andy Fraser hoax has got me steamed to the point where I am going to speak my piece here.

Imagine you are Tomas Broman . You are out on a fairly lengthy tour busting your ass night after night only to read several posts here that your work was substandard. How would you feel?? I certainly can't blame him for taking it VERY personally.

I know this has been said before...but we put our "heroes" on a pedestal and expect them to be perfect 100% of the time. And when, in our estimation, they fall short....off with their heads!! And that is just dead wrong. Tomas is human just like you and I...cut him with a knife and he bleeds red too.

And words can cut as deeply as any knife....Think about that also...

I am going to climb off my soapbox now ;)

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Thomas,

I have repeatedly said on here and elsewhere you were awesome.
    I have been lucky enough to tell you face to face a few times as well.

I wanna see you play over here on the Planet Marsh tour:thumbup:

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• And now for something completely different.........

Mr. Broman,
    If you're good enough, in the fist place,
    for GH to ask you to be in "The Soul Mover Tour" band,
    than you're good enough for me, too.

Wishing you all the best in the future,
    Grace

axmuremoticon.gif

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!