Hard Rock Orlando - April 29th, 2004

• GLENN will perform live with Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers) on THURSDAY, APRIL 29TH, 2004 at the
    Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida - they will be headlining the hotel's monthly Velvet Sessions event.

Working with the Manager of the Hard Rock Hotel, a fellow GH fan - we again, will be able to offer you a very special deal for the event.

More details will follow shortly....so stay tuned...CTC subscribers will get a separate email outlining everything once things are finalized

• This sounds like an awesome time!!!

1. How did they hook up?

2. Any ideas as to the set list or potential set list?

Maz

• Hi,
    I don't know how they met...propably Chad is the one to blame...
    ...but when it comes to set list - I have some suggestions:

a heavier set

A couple of Phenomena songs, some Gary Moore and bluesy stuff from Seventh Star. Harder stuff from Trapeze and of course a couple of newer GH songs...perhaps R.O.C.K. era stuff.

or funkier stuff:
    Trapeze, Hughes/Thrall, Soul/Funk Classics together with Feel era GH songs.

I'd like to hear the latest GH stuff with JJ.

Br,

T

• I do remember Glenn saying that he wanted to do a "hard funk trio". Maybe some of those Sly Stone tunes that Glenn loves and has talked about playing....All I know is that I finish my degree program at school on April 2nd and what better way to celebrate than to spend a few days in Orlando with a bunch of GHCP's at the Hard Rock Hotel?

For those of you who didn't make the trip last March, you really need to be there this year! You get to stay in a fabulous hotel, see Glenn play in the lobby..and hear his music over the sound system 24 hours a day!!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill Redford

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• First post from a new member. Made my reservations for Orlando for this weekend and just wanted to know if anyone had any sort of details regarding the show. Not sure what the ticket situation is, etc.. This group seems much more astute and together than most other lists I have been part of in the past, so I am certainly looking forward to meeting some of you.
    Frank

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Hi Frank, welcome aboard and look forward to anymore of your questions and your own contributions here.

As for the April date in Orlando - it's not a regular show, meaning there aren't tickets on sale. It's a "members only" affair with entrance for the general public only made possible 2 weeks before the gig and via a request for a special invite.

If you were to call today, the hotel won't acknowledge that the show is even happening - they are very strict on this. You can visit VelvetSessions.com to get a feel for what I mean.

Having said that, we have been working with the Hotel Manager to set up a block of discounted rooms and details on how guaranteed entrance can be had for Glenn Hughes fans who want to attend. It's taking alot longer to finalize than we initially expected, but we hope to have definite and confirmed details within the next few days.

So keep checking back here and if you're also a subscriber to CTC - you'll hear all about it, as soon as we get the final scoop

• Once again, Lou Carrier, Manager of the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida has come through for us all again and provided an opportunity to stay at the hotel with a 50% discount on both the regular room rate and also the price of admission to the Velvet Session show itself!

As a double celebration, the event is also designated as "The Birthday Bash", to commemorate the hotel's 3rd anniversary. With it, comes a bunch of unique "extras" for attendees, in addition to an increased press corp! Plus, if more than 75 rooms get booked, Lou will giveaway a certificate for a 2 night stay to one lucky person and one leather jacket to another!

BUT...things are very different than last year's arrangements...

Admission to the show is NOT included in the price of the room - you will need to provide US by return email (birthdaybash@GHPG.net) - your full name, if you wish to attend the show, whether you decide to take advantage of the discount room deal or not.

We will then provide your name, along with everyone else who wishes to attend, to the hotel management, who will GUARANTEE your entrance to the show at the price of $20 - a 50% discount off the admission price.

The cut-off date for hotel room reservations and also notification as to whether you want admission to the show is 2 weeks prior, so Wednesday, April 14th, 2004. If you don't send us an email to birthdaybash@GHPG.net requesting admission, you will not be included.

So, if you're coming from out-of-town, call reservations immediately (see below for details) to get your room booked and email us your name and if you're local to the area and don't need a room, just email us your name - again, the cut-off date for both, is Wednesday, April 14th, 2004.

The discount Package Deal detailed below and offered by The Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida for the nights of Wednesday, April 28th and Thursday, April 29th for Room and Show Admission to the April Velvet Sessions is now....

CLOSED

PACKAGE DEAL - Hard Rock Hotel, Orlando, Florida

Highlights
    Room Rate is $149/night (plus 11.5% applicable taxes) for Wednesday, April 28th and Thursday, April 29th, 2004. Call 1-888-444-2131 and ask for the "group name", VELVET SESSIONS FAN GROUP.

RESERVATION NAME:
    Call 1-888-444-2131 - you will need to identify yourself as being part of the group name, VELVET SESSIONS FAN GROUP.

GROUP RATE:
    $149/night plus 11.5% applicable taxes for Wednesday, April 28th and Thursday, April 29th, 2004 only.

GROUP DATES:
    The Group is able to get the Group Rate only for the nights of Wednesday, April 28th and Thursday, April 29th, 2004. Any fans looking for dates outside this Group Block will be given the appropriate seasonal rate.

The cut-off date for the Group Block is Wednesday, April 14th, 2004. Any reservation requests after that date will be given rates as determined by the Hotel.

SHOW ADMISSION:
    Whether fans stay at the hotel or not, and in order to gain entrance and receive a 50% discount on admission to the show, they must send an email to birthdaybash@GHPG.net by Wednesday, April 14th, 2004.

PLEASE NOTE: Only the list of names provided by US to the hotel management will be accepted. This email address is you're only means of entrance with all the discounts applied and other unique opportunities that will be made available.

Finally, all those who attend via the list will receive a specially commissioned and commerative "Birthday Bash" pin, specifically designed around GLENN and Chad - these are only being produced in a very small quantity, insuring that they will be EXTREMELY sought after as a collectible.

The above mentioned discount Package Deal offered by The Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida for the nights of Wednesday, April 28th and Thursday, April 29th for Room and Show Admission to the April Velvet Sessions is now....

CLOSED

++

For general details on the hotel and surrounding area...you can visit the following web site:

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/hotels/orlando/

and for information on past Velvet Sessions at the Hard Rock Hotel, you can visit their web site at:

http://www.velvetsessions.com/

++

Might see you there

• Wow! That's one wonderful deal. Thanks for looking after the GHCPs Lou. What I wouldn't give to walk in with a few of you and say that I'm part of the Velvet Sessions Fan Group!! (my soul, maybe - nah! I'll need to trade that for a future deal ).

Kat - I don't need to say a word! Enjoy every wonderful second! And everyone else, of course. Grace, are you going to be there - forgot to mention it earlier?

And a massive thanks to Shirean and David for ... so much.

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• May I be so bold as to suggest that if it's the great photograph of GH and you
    (that was posted here from the cruise, I think) printed on a t-shirt,
    that you make a second copy, autograph it and present it to GH!!!

However, THE FASHION STATEMENT OF THE EVENING will be made
    by the guy who wears the t-shirt with the picture of our favorite pooch printed on it.
    I forget the guy's name, but the "GHCPooch" is named CHUY....

axmuremoticon.gif

• More news

GLENN and Chad are going to be cooking in The Kitchen restaurant at the Hard Rock, the same day as the gig.

More detail will follow later, but this event will be held at lunchtime on the 29th and those who are around are invited to watch the cookin' going on

Apparently, GLENN will be making one of his favourite dishes of traditional English faire,
    Cottage Pie

Bring your appetites with you

• Just a reminder....tomorrow - Wednesday, April 14th, 2004 at the stroke of Midnight PST is the deadline for requesting your discounted room rate and show admission to the April Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida on April 29th, where GLENN will be headlining.

After that time, it will be almost impossible to get a room or even get in the door for the show, so if you've been procrastinating or have friends who have...now is the time to make both requests!

(See above for details)

Hope to see you there

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!