JJ Marsh - Music From Planet Marsh

• There are more details about the JJ SOLO ALBUM. 

I want to tell you what JJ told me last time when I let him know about yours comments.

I cannot tell you if you can only buy the CD on the tour. This is all the information I have for the moment.

JJ’s words:

[size=12]

"It´s great to hear people are interested in my music!
    I´m really happy and proud of it, it´s the best I´ve done,
    i´m really happy with the music and how the record sounds, very
    70´s ! of course I can´t sing like Glenn but it is not too bad.
    Broman is my favorit drummer and he sounds great!!

it´s like a mix of hendrix,sabbath,purple and a little touch of Yes here and here!!

It´s called " Music from Planet Marsh"
    and I´m gonna sell it on this tour.

It has 9 songs!

Electric Women (6,10)
    Play the Game (3,56)
    Is it Real ( 5,42)
    Into the Light ( 9,42)
    Something Song ( 7,41)
    Move On (4,1)[font=Verdana]
    It´s not too Late ( 5,03)
    Need a friend ( 5,39)
    The Change ( 11,27)

total time 59,45"

[b][color=navy]

[size=12][font=Times New Roman]I hope you like it and see you on the Tour.
    [size=12][font=Times New Roman]

[size=12][font=Times New Roman]XX

[size=12][font=Times New Roman]GEMA

• Thanks for the update GEMA.

A couple of us from here were talking to JJ last Spring during his visit to Orlando, about his plans for a solo record and he was describing what he wanted to do. Now the final product is on the way out the door, it sounds like it will be even better than his first thoughts. Hopefully he can bring along a few boxes of CD's as I for one will definitely buy a couple :)

• Momo!!!

Do not worry!!
    I am like you.

However, sure, if I get the CD I'll send you a copy until you get the original,
    but JJ does not play in Japan.

Never mind!!!! Momo if I see him I’ll take 2 units, one for me and the other one for you.

XXX
    Gema

• Oh! GEMA!!!!! really?
    can't thank you enough... :bow:....:thanx:

Please contact me by e-mail from my profile ;)

• Momo, I will send you the JJ’ s CD, but I think that we have to wait some time, because Spain is not on the schedule. If I get a copy before I will send it to you until I get the original. When I have the CD I will get in contact with you.

(Sorry for my English, I know that sometimes I make big mistakes.)

[size=12][font=Times New Roman]XX OO

Gema

• Sorry,I got excited too much...
    Anyway...I'll wait for your contact :)

It takes time to a release of SOUL MOVER Japanese version as well :p

• Thanks to JJ we can now share with you a sampler of each song taken off Music From Planet Marsh. In talking with him the other night, he hopes to have the CD available on the current leg of the Soul Mover tour, but if not, shortly thereafter.

All I can say is - blimey :eek: What a voice he has and the celebration of his musical influences is wonderful, while at the same time having a modern contemporary sound - it surely is a winner - I really hope that it can be made available everywhere soon, there maybe some news on that front in the not too distant future.

Although these snippets don't really give you the full experience, I'd be interested in hearing your comments - and when you see JJ on the road, be sure and let him know directly what you think, he's looking forward to everyone hearing it.

Enjoy :cool:

• just spent 40 minutes downloading on my 56k modem :eek:

Oh Yes! It was well worth the wait :thumbup:

JJ, this is just great stuff :clapper:
    You can hear the Swedish voice but what a voice.

And that guitar sound and those riffs. Superb.

Maybe the JJ Marsh band could be the support for the world tour of Hughes/Iommi

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• I am downloading the sample clips as I type here....I have dial-up :( and glaciers sprint by comparison...but I will be patient!!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Hi David
    Thanks for providing the sampler - where do I sign up for the full CD??!!!
    Glad to hear JJ's not copying Glenn's style (which must be difficult considering his input over the last (10?) years!).
    Even though the clips are fairly short I love the twist & turns in some of the songs -Need a Friend, Into the Light, Something Song - & I feel it's brave to do two lengthy 'anthems' (not sure if that's the right word!) on a debut album.
    I really like the originality & hope the CD sales do well - I'll buy it (if I can get hold of it) at least !
    Good Luck JJ
    Cheers
    Ben :claphands:thumbup:

:cheers:

Cheers,
    Ben !!

• I downloaded the sampler last night..but I generally use Netscape 7.2 as my browser because the pages load faster than with Internet Explorer...When the download was done..I couldn't play it...:mad:

Much gnashing of teeth and I would have pulled my hair but it is too short!!:eek:

OK..so I download the sampler again using IE and....SUCCESS!!:bouncer:

I can't wait to hear the CD in its entirety!! JJ certainly has his influences but never wears them on his sleeve....and his vocals are more than "not too bad" as he puts it...he is SO modest....they are rock solid and he gets more than a few shades and colors in his voice as well as his guitar!

I just listened to the sampler through once..and am looking forward to the full musical buffet!:clapper:

And a tip of the hat to Tomas Broman..... I would love to hear him play live..he is a real spark plug!! Having heard HTP Live In Tokyo with the "Tokyo Mafia" as JLT calls them, I can imagine the groove and power he must have brought to those songs in a live setting during the European tours! And let us not overlook Kjell Haraldson who has provided the keyboard textures for the past few years...Tomas and Kjell are a one-two combo that would do any band proud!!:thumbup:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• The songs are very impressive!! It reminded me of the time when got Karl Cockran's album because the performance and song levels were far exceeding my expectation in a good way. I was a bit shocked/ashamed that I had missed JJ's talent. Now I started to understand what GH loved about JJ's talent.

Guitar sounds. They are very identical especially when GH is NOT singing but reminds me of GH music world. It proves that JJ was contributing so much to GH music world. Not fast as Yngie or other "faster than the speed of light" guitarists but so melodic and with lots of good old sence of good rock'n'roll!!
    I love your guitar sound JJ ! :clapper:

Is all vocal done by JJ himself ? If so, JJ proved he can sing!! Sometimes he reminded me of Tom Johnston of Doobies whom I love so much with his singing but still JJ is unique and cool in singing with even higher tones. I'm amazed.

Regarding the songs, they are with much of classical falvor but very fresh with exciting chord progression and good tempo. They move something wild inside of me like other good ol rock songs in 70's like Free, Heep, Doobies or Yes.

Like MOMO san is voicing, JJ you must think of mail ordering or something as there will be lots of fans worldwide who wish to have your CDs!!:thumbup:

• I'm just listening to this now for the first time as it was put on Blabbermouth.net....Wow!!!! Very impressive sound, songs and fantastic singing from JJ! I love this can't wait to get it!

John

• Quote from captmidnite1962

I downloaded the sampler last night..but I generally use And a tip of the hat to Tomas Broman..... I would love to hear him play live..he is a real spark plug!! Having heard HTP Live In Tokyo with the "Tokyo Mafia" as JLT calls them, I can imagine the groove and power he must have brought to those songs in a live setting during the European tours! And let us not overlook Kjell Haraldson who has provided the keyboard textures for the past few years...Tomas and Kjell are a one-two combo that would do any band proud!!:thumbup:

Tomas is amazing live, I don't think I've seen too many other drummers that put so much soul into every note like he does...

John

• Just listened to the sampler of JJ's forthcoming solo album, "Music From Planet Marsh", and I've got to say that I really liked what I've heard so far. What a great 70's guitar rock kind of album this is going to be! JJ's influences are really hanging out far all to see on this one, and yet the sound and stylings, (for those of us who have come to know his playing so well over the years from his work with Glenn), are undeniably JJ's own as well.

This is going to be a good one folks! :clapper:
    -Marc

• This sounds great - a little bit of Free, Yes, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains - just up my street! So where has JJ been hiding his vocal abilities all this time :) And it's great to hear Kjell so prominent. Thomas sounds on top form too.

Looking forward to being able to get the CD, it's definitely a must have.
    Hopefully during some GH downtime, they can get out on the road :bouncer:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!