When Your That Good

• Hey, at 50 I still dig that GH sound, you know, the rythem, the voice, the words, the whole package. So the way I see it, it's pretty simple, When your as good as Glenn, not only can you take someone els' song and make it better, no one els will dare touch your stuff. Any comments?

• Well, I haven't heard a Glenn Hughes tribute album yet, have you? And should that ever happen, I certainly won't buy it - there's no one who even comes close to "the voice, the words, the whole package"....so there you
    have it :D

Why buy a Mini when you can have a Rolls Royce :lol:

• Quote from Paul

Well, I haven't heard a Glenn Hughes tribute album yet, have you? And should that ever happen, I certainly won't buy it - there's no one who even comes close to "the voice, the words, the whole package"....so there you
    have it :D

Why buy a Mini when you can have a Rolls Royce :lol:

I dissagree with you guys. Tribute albums are not about who can sing someones song better, and I doubt it that when Glenn sings a tribute he's trying to prove himself better than the original singer. And if a GH Tribute should happen, I would be the first to buy it. I mean come on, are you saying that you wouldn't like to hear someone else singing Glenn's stuff, putting their own flavor to it? Not trying to impersonate him or prove themselves better. I am sure Glenn would. Check out the DP tribute band Burner http://www.burnermusic.nl/ and download their version of stormbringer. I am sure you will enjoy it.
    If you guys listen to music and try to compare singers all the time, than you are missing the joy of it.

http://www.burnermusic.nl/

• In the late 70's and early 80's, wow, I guess I can remember that long ago, a band from Memphis I have mentioned before released an album and had a version of "Coast to Coast" on it. I always liked that song. I liked the idea of an artist being that much of an influence that you would do their song. If I could play, I used to, a little, mucho un poco, I would love to be able to do some of Glenns stuff. I mean after all, when I'm in the shower I can do Medusa to the note, LOL. I would like to hear some other artist release some of GH's music. It would do the music world credit. Imagin this, only a southern boy from the states could come up with this, chuckle. Glenn doing some country R and B with that Nashville sound. I get this by singing some of the words from "Medsa" to the tune of an old Randy Travis song. I tell you, I have a simple since of humor. On the up and up, I never knew Glenn had so much music. I am so far behind in listening to it all, it will take a while to get to it. Love yall, Fred D.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!