Japanese release of "Soul Mover"

• martial was asking a bonus track on the Japanese release of "Soul Mover".

According to Yamaha Music Communications, the Japanese release has twelve songs as follows:

SOUL MOVER
    SHE MOVES GHOSTLY
    HIGH ROAD
    ORION
    CHANGE YOURSELF
    LET IT GO
    DARK STAR
    CAMEL TOE STOMP (bonus track)
    LAND OF THE LIVIN' (WONDERLAND)
    MISS LITTLE INSANE
    LAST MISTAKE
    DON'T LET ME BLEED

It's 2,730 Yen, and will be released on March 2nd. Although it has a bonus track, Camel Toe Stomp ( :huh: ), it doesn't have ISOLATION, which is in the European/US release. So, unfortunately, we need to have both European/US and Japanese versions. Right? ;)

Ko

• Wow great Glenn! So now we have to buy 2 copies of the new album?? :clapper:

To force die hard fans to buy a more expensive Japanese version for a bonustrack is one thing ... but now to let fans buy 2 versions is something I'm quite dissapointed with.....

• That is the reasoning behind the bonus tracks in japan..I seem to remember reading somewhere that bonus tracks are added to the Japanese versions to offset the higher cost to the consumer....someone correct me if I am mistaken!

Great things are well worth waiting for..so I will wait for the domestic version of Soul Mover when it is released here....and it's great news to hear that Glenn has a deal here in the states...at long last!!

I have been a bit "Lost In The Zone" lately....so I have some catching up to do!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Bill,

I think what you wrote is basically correct. For instance, we have to pay $25 for the Japanese SOUL MOVER, while the US import costs only $18. Nowadays, with online shops such as Amazon, it became much easier to buy import CDs. It is ridiculous, but we music fans cannot do anything about it, I guess. Yes, I ordered both... :( It's really a shame. If they change a song in an album from one to another, it is not really a bonus but a cheat by record companies! :mad:

Ko

PS. Hi David, how can I change my display name from ‘mitani’ to ‘Ko’?

• Hey Ko - you just ask :) The display name in this new rendition of the forum is actually your User Name - so when I change it for you, you will then have to login in as Ko - the password is unaffected. Please reply to this message to confirm you want me to change it - if I just do it, you won't be able to login and read this message as you're current User Name will no longer work :D So let me know!

• Knew this'd happen.... :mad: Still as my european version might take 2-4 wks as i said elsewhere, I might get the Japanese edition more quickly...! ;)

Oh bollox - just realised it's out later there....:(

Offta order it now, anyway!

love

TC

• Hi all

Anyone got this yet? I had an email saying it was on its way a week ago, but in my experience stuff can take anything from a few days to a few weeks to get to the UK, so I MAY be waiting a while yet....

love

TC

• Hi guys

Got the Japanese edition today - 'Camel Toe (that's rude ya know!) Stomp' is a good 'un, tho on 1 listen, it's not exactly the 'standout' track on the album. Listening to it a 2nd time as I type....

Personally, I'd rather have 'Isolation', but that's not surprising, as 'Isolation' IS one of my faves on the Euro version!!!

In answer to speculation, the track does indeed have (excellent, of course!!) vox from Glenn. Kinda slowish groove, nice wah-bass, lotsa nice bits & nice solo from JJ. Only negative is the riff isn't one of the most 'original' they've come up with. Speeds up for the outro, before big finish, clocking in at 6 mins 18 secs by my CD player.

Definitely well worth having, but not sure in itself it's really worth £20!!! (But that's MY problem!!!) Actually, it's worth it for me, coz I've already given my Euro copy away!!!!

love

TC

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!