ROCKLINE - January 26th, 2005

• GLENN will be featured on Rockline on Wednesday, January 26th, 2005 and will be taking fans' calls. It starts at 8:30PM PST and GLENN will be featured first on that evening's broadcast. Rockline is one of the premiere USA based syndicated shows hosted by legendary radio personality, Bob Coburn.

The call-in number is 1-800-344-ROCK.

Check out Rockline's official web site and navigate to "affiliates" to find out where to listen to Rockline on the radio in the USA.

If you do not find a Rockline affiliate in your region or if you're listening in from overseas, visit "Dr. Chuck's Rockline web site" for information on how to check out the show online. 

DR. CHUCK
    http://www.drchuck.net/rockline/listen.shtml

ROCKLINE
    http://www.rocklineradio.com/

• Thanks for the great news, David.
    I'll have my tape cassette all ready to go.
    Here in the New York area, "Rockline" is on 104.3

(I probably shouldn't mention this, but whenever GH has been
    interviewed on "Rockline" in the past.....dopey Bob Coburn usually says,
    Hey, Glenn, you'll probably remember this---> and proceeds to
    play the original version of "Burn" with DC singing lead. Or when
    there was a break for a commercial, and "Dopey" played the
    original version of "Stormbringer" and then announced "Yes,
    that was Stormbringer" featuring Glenn Hughes." HELLOOOOOO....)

And Glenn was too much the gentleman to tell Mr. Coburn to do
    some homework, and get his lead singers straight. A class act - Glenn.

Meanwhile, I hope that GH sings another couple of live songs,
    as he did when he was talking about Shape 68, during the interview,
    I believe, in December 2002. Great live versions of "Getting Tighter"
    and "You Keep On Moving."

Hey, maybe I'll be able to get past the Phone Nazi again,
    and be able to ask Glenn another question:

"What's the date, time, flight number and gate, of which airport,
    for THE NEW YORK AIRPORT......"BETWEEN FLIGHTS"......CONCERT?
    (I'll be carrying a sign, just like this.)

:ghcp:
    Grace

axmuremoticon.gif

• Well Bob's always been a part of the mainstream radio....one of those backslapping, bearded satin jacket wearing types. Don't get me wrong I've always liked Coburn...but just once I'd like to hear him say something to an artist like this:

"So what about your worst album...albumX why were the songs not quite up to the standards of your other albums?"

Instead it's: "Hey all of your stuff is really great..bla bla bla"

I still want to hear the GH on Rockline...the only way I can is on here so thanks in advance David. And I'm thankful that Glenn has been on such a mainstream program so many times.

John

• Myself and Frankie Banali will be on Rockline that night right after Glenn. How cool is that?
    Kevin DuBrow

• Thanks for that info Kevin...this is a truly top notch Doubleheader !!

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Wednesday - January 26th, 2005 - ROCKLINE - 8:30 PST

Toll-Free Call-in: 1-800-344-ROCK (1-800-344-7625)

Glenn Hughes
    Glenn Hughes is most famous for his work with Deep Purple and, earlier, Trapeze. But he has so much going on currently that perception is bound to change. Glenn recently performed with Queen's Brian May and Roger Taylor at the Red carpet opening for the musical We Will Rock You in Las Vegas. Glenn recorded with Black Sabbath wizard Tony Iommi in the mid 90's and the two of them have been at it again. In addition, Glenn and two Red Hot Chili Peppers, Chad Smith and John Frusciante recently covered the Moody Blues classic "Knights in White Satin", reportedly for use in an upcoming film. You cal learn plenty more at GlennHughes.com the biggest item on Glenn's plate currently is the impending release of his newest solo album "Soul Mover" with Chad on drums and J.J. Marsh on guitar. Chad will join Glenn on our show too. The CD also features Dave Navarro of Jane's Addiction (and former RHCP himself) on the title track. Last summer the Deep Purple "Burn" album was re-mastered and re-issued for its 30th anniversary eliciting positive response from then band mates Glenn and vocalist David Coverdale. As you can see, there is much to talk about and listen to.

Quiet Riot
    Also joining us will be Quiet Riot members Kevin DuBrow and Frankie Banali. Quiet Riot is back with a vengeance with the release of the DVD "Live! In the 21st Century" and an impending tour of the U.K. and some U.S. dates as well. The CD "Live and Rare- Volume 1" is also available. The band now features a new line up with Alex Grossi on guitar and Chuck Wright on bass joining mainstays Kevin and Frankie. The best website to check out is FrankieBanali.com as it serves as the official link to current goings-on. A new CD of brand new material is apparently forthcoming with Banali having written a handful of songs and DuBrow and Grossi writing in tandem. We'll also find out about the Rock Never Stops Tour coming summer of this year and we feel pretty sure Kevin will be willing to discuss his solo album and Frankie will give us an update on what happened at this years NAMM show in Anaheim, CA.

This will be a fun one with some new music; some classics and we just may put Glenn, Chad, Kevin and Frankie on simultaneously for a few minutes. Don't miss Glenn Hughes and Quiet Riot on the next ROCKLINE!

• I hope I can get through this time! Now to think of a really good question hmmmmm.

Wonder if I can get through twice? Need to think of a good question for Kevin and Frankie too! LOL! OOHhh I know, hey Kevin how did the rest of that joke go about the turkey baster? Ok, Guess I can't ask that one LOL!

• I`m so excited - I`m going to see Glenn Live for the first time.
    I`m heading for the Hannover Concert in March!!!!! :bow:

• DerNicken

Be prepared to be COMPLETELY blown away! We'll all be seeing a 'new' Glenn on this tour - he's said himself that he feels like a completely new artist. :bouncer: But the voice remains the same - pure, pure magic!

Be sure to give us a full review, once you've recovered from the experience!

You'll soon be talking like one of these ... :ghcp:

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Much to my amazement, even though I live in "the sticks", the local rock station has Rockline on twice a week....and with the time difference, I should be able to catch most of the show when I get home from work!:thumbup:

I thought the image that John Harjo painted of Bob Coburn was hysterical...I saw his picture on the Rockline website...OK, no beard but I can see him in all his satin jacket wrapped, glad handing glory...too funny!!:D

Here's hoping that some of you GHCP's out there can get past the Phone Nazis...am I correct in assuming that the questions are screened to a degree?

Should be a great program.....just get yer singers straight, Bob!!;)

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• I seem to be answering you today, Bill.

When Glenn and JLT were doing the "Rockline" interview together,
    some questions came up about the song "Deep Purple."
    (Who wrote it, when, etc.)

I have several pieces of sheet music in my "collection" and luckily
    I was able to find the DP one right away, and then get through the
    busy signal to the phone Nazi.

Obviously, the guy had been answering the phones and hadn't
    been listening to the GH/JLT interview, because when I said to him,
    "I have the Deep Purple sheet music with the answers" he had no
    idea what I was talking about.

He kept telling me that I needed a question.

So, the first thing that I thought to ask was, "Glenn, do you have
    a website, and what is it?" The phone guy said that they already had
    that question on the list, so I thought for a fast minute and came up
    with my YKOM question, which was something that I really wanted to
    know.

I never thought that I would get through, so I hadn't even tried until
    the sheet music situation came up.

So I recommend that everyone keep trying despite the busy signal.
    And have a few back-up questions ready, just in case.

GHCP's take over the airwaves!!!!!!!! :)

axmuremoticon.gif

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!