2. No Stranger to Love (14) 17%
    3. Turn to Stone (2) 2%
    4. Sphinx (The Guardian) (0) 0%
    5. Seventh Star (13) 16%
    6. Danger Zone (10) 12%
    7. Heart Like a Wheel (14) 17%
    8. Angry Heart (13) 16%
    9. In Memory... (4) 5%

As it looks hopeful we might get a Iommi/Hughes tour in 2005, I thought it would be a good idea to get everyone to vote for their favourite songs from Tony and Glenn.

Let's start off with Seventh Star and I'll post another separately for The 1996 DEP Sessions.

Take these polls as purely selfish for us fans - it's just a hope that our favourites will get included in any tour setlists :bow::div9:

• Hi,
    that was difficult 'cos 7th Star was the album that made GH crazy person. The song I first heard from that album - actually from radio - was In For The Kill, so I had to choose that one. :)

T:):bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

• When I bought this Sabbath album at a record fair many many years ago a asked the seller if the singer on this album was a good singer. (at this point I only had Dio and Tony MArtin sabbath records) and the seller said: yes this guy, Glenn Hughes, can sing pretty well ...... First I thought he jsut wanted to sell me this record but I soon found out this seller was damn right!

Anyway "Angry Heart" would be a real vintage song to hear live

• I have yet to listen to all of GH"s music. I am learning rapidly that I have missed a lot of good, no strike that, Stellar music. For now I will stick with my newly discovered song "16 Guns" when I am in that frame of mind. I will always like "Coast to Coast" when relaxed.

For all the UK fans, carry on brothers and sisters we love you. Fred D.

• I was living in San Antonio TX back in the 80's and KISS 99.5FM was my radio station of choice back then. They were really hot on "Seventh Star" and gave it heavy rotation on their playlist. I always flash on "Danger Zone" when I think back to that time. I do recall hearing on the syndicated show "Power Cuts" before the album was released that Tony Iommi was going to use either Glenn or Steve Marriott to do the vocals. And the story they gave at the time of Glenn's departure was that his knee had given out and he had fallen face down and broken his nose. It would be several years before I heard the real story....

But "Heart Like A Wheel" would be killer to hear live! :singer:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Hello All,
    I love the whole bloody thing! but my vote would go for "Angry Heart".

Cheers,

galleyfan

SCOTT

• Todd,

You are an evil man.........
    and qualify as one of: "Them what needs killin' " :axe:

PS..........:lol: :lol: :lol:

axmuremoticon.gif

• For me "IN FOR THE KILL" was that kind of opener which an rock album just gotta have.
    I voted for that song.
    Talking about "Angry Heart", this was the song people around me always siad, its the song that sounds the most like DP because of the riff backed up with some hammond organ....:guitarmet

• When I bought this Sabbath album at a record fair many many years ago a asked the seller if the singer on this album was a good singer. (at this point I only had Dio and Tony MArtin sabbath records) and the seller said: yes this guy, Glenn Hughes, can sing pretty well ...... First I thought he jsut wanted to sell me this record but I soon found out this seller was damn right!

Anyway "Angry Heart" would be a real vintage song to hear live

:huh: Well,where have you been gone during the seventies for not knowing who Glenn was...

• Heart Like A wheel is simply intense. Glenn's vocals mixed with Tommy's guitar playing never get old. A close second was Angry Heart/In Memory

Maz

• Wow, i wore this album out when it was released. I don't know what happened to my copy. I haven't heard it in years.
    I think i still have the concert shirt. On it is the drawing from the album sleeve, remember that?
    The songs i like the most are "No Stranger To Love" and "Heart's Like A Wheel". They are still vivid in my memory. It was a tough choice but i voted for No Stranger To Love, which has created a tie for first place with Heart Like A Wheel at 15 votes each.
    Now, it's up to the next entry to break the tie, or not.
    The fortune cookie says "You must choose wisely".

:singer: ... everyday, wheels are turnin'

• Seventh Star is on of the highlights in Glenn's career . No stranger to love , Heart like a wheel and especially Angry heart/In memory are my alltime faves :claphands :claphands

I know that I've been sometimes wrong
    I feel my faith is growing strong
    There is a place that I belong
    These are the days of avalon

:guitarmet:guitarmet:guitarmet

• mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i am addicted to that album

i cant stop playing it along with coverdale-page

i think this album

is very very very underated :mad: :(

it didn't take a chance

along with coverdale-page which is also a sooooooo underated album

i love alllllllllllllll seventh star songs

but angry hearth is the best

;)

i wish that glenn was in black sabbath for more two albums:huh:

its a shame because he was in such dark days:mad:

only im no stranger to love recieved a noticable amount of airplay

:huh:

From now on....

:guitarmet \m/

• Hi
    There's some demos of this album "Seventh Star" with a guy called Jeff Fenholt on vocals, before Hughes joined Iommi's band. There are several jams and unknow songs, but at least tree songs that were used in the album, althought with different tittles and lyrics : "Star Of India" evolved into "Seventh Star" "Love On The Line" became "Heart Like A Wheel" ,"Take My Heart" became "No Stranger To Love", "Eye Of The Storm" became "Turn To Stone", and "Chance On Love" became "Danger Zone".
    The demo is called "Star of India", soundboard sound and very nice voice (not just as Glenn's but nice).
    Miguel. asturias
    http://www.metal80.com

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!