JKB - New Jeff Kollman CD

• Jeff Kollman, Axeman/Producer for many of Glenn's projects has just released a new cd under the name JKB-Jeff Kollman Band. A wild ride of emotional songwriting and signature JK riffing, in a change of pace (Jeff Buckley style) musical landscape. Very intriguing to say the least. Jeff does an impressive job belting out the vocals also :singer: (Hanging with the Voice can't but help to inspire.)

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• Not the original JKB, but performing under that guise...Jeff and friends played The Baked Potato the other night, here are a couple of video highlights.

Band members aside from Jeff on guitars were Glen Sobel on drums and Andre Manga on bass.

Material from all across the board was given an airing :cool: Here are a couple video hightlights...

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeSAJa_Ihro&fmt=18']YouTube - Jeff Kollman-Glen Sobel-Andre Manga-- live part 1[/ame]
    [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExACDc8BZok&fmt=18']YouTube - Jeff Kollman-Glen Sobel- Andre Manga live part 2[/ame]

• Jeff has just finished mixing the last song of the new JKB (Jeff Kollman Band) record. Co written and produced by Jono Brown.

- Jeff Kollman - Guitar / Vocals
    - Jono Brown / Drums

Other characters include the JKB alumni: bassist Kevin Chown and drummer Charlie Waymire.

Shane Gaalaas (B'z , Cosmosquad) makes an appearance on a track as well as drum legend Joel Taylor (Allan Holdsworth, Ohm).

JKB's follow-up will be released in the Fall '10.

The 10 song disc entitled, 'Empower Devour' features Jeff's vocals as well as enough 6 string trickery and a smattering of massive chordal tension and heavy riffage to satisfy the guitar fanatics...

Track list:
    Tight Like A Fist
    Shinedown
    Midnight Sun (Tribute to Jimi)
    Swim In The Madness
    Captivity
    Time To Die
    Circle Of Doom
    I Wonder
    Devastate
    The Day Of Reckoning

You can hear a sampler over at Jeff's website :cool1:

• Hey Glenn, how about bringing along JKB as the openers on the BCC tour :lol2:

• The cover art has just been revealed for Jeff's upcoming JKB album, 'Empower Devour'.

Due out Fall 2010!!

• just one listen to Jeff Kollman's new release Empower Devour easily confirms who today's most adventurous guitarist is. Jeff lets the guitar do the talkin on this platter, and takes his playing rooted in metal and fusion to another level of technical brilliance. Homage is paid to Jimi and Edward in Jeff's sick tone and wicked fretwork. Shane Gaalaas appears on the insane (Devastate), reminiscent of early Cosmosquad and when the album winds downs to the last cut, you wish that it could have gone on forever. A well done piece of work :thumbup:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!