Glenn and Robin Trower; a great idea?

• It's funny, after all these years of also being a Robin Trower fan, the idea of a collaboration with Glenn never crossed my mind. Like Glenn, Robin is also a British rocker with an affinity for classic American soul/r&b, so much that he worked with American R&B producer Don Davis in the late 70's. Robin , who for the most part doesn't sing, has worked with some great voices in the past such as Jack Bruce, the very underrated Davy Pattison and the criminally underrated James Dewar, as well as ex-members of Sly and the Family Stone. I can imagine Glenn singing his ass off on just about all of Robin's classics.

Sounds like a dream collaboration to me, what do you folks think?

Peace out.

• Sounds like a truly great idea. As for the singers in Trower's past, how sad is it that James Dewar is such an unknown with a voice like his. I remember Pattison from some other work including Gamma and with Michael Schenker.

Yet as good as those voices are, a collaboration with Glenn would just blow everyone's socks off. I can almost hear Glenn singing " I Can't Wait Much Longer" right now.

Frank

:claphands

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Robin Trower is also one of my favorite artists!!!! Why didn't I think of this?! Someone should really forward this idea to Glenn.....Tis very exciting to think about!:clapper:

mount the handlebars on the headboard and ride baby ride!

• Here...Here.. I think that is a GREAT Idea.... I so Robin with Davey singing at the Chance, small "Concert" hall in New York durring the Passion Tour... Great show...(P.S. Loved Gama in the day..) I would almost ask what about Ronnie Montrose.. But, he seems to "Funny".... He cancelled a show at BB Kings in NYC do to fear of Flying (post 9/11).

st

• Quote from scottscars

).

Montrose has gotten back on track, and recently got married. He lost his dad this Summer, and now, at 56, is going to be a Father to his new wife's nine year old. He has been doing some shows around the Us, and was at Arrow Rock Festival this past June in Holland. I think Montrose would be a great collaboration too, but still see the Trower idea as actually having a chance to happen. Also, Glenn's voice with Trower's guitar work would really be something to behold.
    Frank

• I still think that all these guys struggling for the $$'s to do a decent size tour should get together for a "Oz-Fest for old people" (Like Me) Instead of crashing into each other in a mosh pit- we could all go to the pit and play air guitar! Here's the dream line-up for me:

Glenn Hughes and his band
    Robin Trower (With Davey)
    Montrose (with Sammy guesting) Davey joins the stage for a couple
    Gamma Tracks (Voyager for sure)
    Pat Travers Band
    Frank Marino
    Uriah Heep
    Kansas
    Foghat (RIP Dave)
    UFO
    DFK Band (Dudek)
    Greg Rolie Band (or the Storm)

and the final act could be....

Cream They are back!

If I were a millionaire- I'd lay it on the line for these guys

• :claphands That is one of the best "Dream Lineups" I have heard. Just saw Greg Rolie at a Festival in St. Petersburg, FL, and they were unreal. The lineup you have is probably even 'doable' at something in the "Sweden Rocks" type of fest.

Frank

• I Have For Sometime Now Thought To Myself While Listening To Robin Trower On The Drive Home From Work,,how Awesome It Would Be For Glenn To Team Up With Robin,,,wow And I Thought I Was The Only One...

• Brilliant idea to me. We ran the GH Fan Club back in the 90's and it never clicked with me which is surprising seeing I've been a Trower fan as long as I've been a Hughsie fan (since 1973). I don't reckon it could be a permanent arrangement but a one-off album and tour would be good.

We'll have to get David H on to it !!!!

Over the years Trower's best vocalist was undoubtedly Jimmy Dewar (RIP) who sadly passed away a couple of years ago (see TrowerPower.com for details), but Glenn could certainly put a different slant on some of those timeless classics ... Bridge Of Sighs, Daydream, Alethea, Too Rolling Stoned and my fave, I Can't Wait Much Longer.

That's it for me. Having just seen Glenn a couple of times on the UK tour, and meeting him backstage at Northampton to have a chin-wag about the days that Karen and I ran the GH "Voice" fan club, I'm now off to see Robin 3 times (at least) on his first UK tour for 22 years.

• It's funny you guy's bring up Robin.

I asked Big Daddy on the Hughes Cruise if he ever worked with him.
    He did say the two of them talked of it but it never happened obviously.
    I was privileged enough to talk to Glenn on the boat about many things,
    including the late GREAT RAY G. Ron Mon and Trower are my Faves! Davey
    was my fave until I discovered THE VOICE! Sorry Dave. Great line up Mark.
    How about Derek St.Holmes?
    Mark
    :bow:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!