Haynes & Hughes

• Yesterday me and some close friends did listen to some of Warren Haynes solo stuff. I�m sure a lot of you will know Warren as part of the Allman Brother BaND; Government Mule, Phil Lesh, Mountain Jam ect.
    He is doubtless such a great singer, guitarist and songwriter and even Glenn�s roots are located in some drirections I could higly imagine that these 2 guys could make something together. Warren has so much soul in every word he sings and that reminded me at Glenn very much.
    By the way, there is a 3 CD Live concert available of Government Mule in which a so called "Roger Glover" did join for some songs and yes, it was indded our purple man!
    What has been more a surpirse to me, even Jason Newsted was part of the show, Ex- Metallica, Ex- Flotsam and Jetsam and Ex-Ozzy bassman.
    I�m pretty sure a lot of GH fans do know Warren Haynes. What do you all think about my idea?

cheers, Achim

• Hey Achim, I have that concert set - what a knockout! It was great to see so many people from diverse musical backgrounds appearing with Gov't Mule. Roger Glover also appeared on the Deep End, Vol. 1 studio album on a cover of "Maybe I'm a Leo".

I'm not sure I could picture Warren and Glenn singing together, but I would definitely love to hear Glenn singing one of their songs and laying down some bass.

WT

• That's a great idea! Warren does also have a bit more "heavy" material in his program, I could imagine Glenn singing "Fire in the Kitchen" or "The Real thing" with a fantastic performance.
    Warren is probably one of the most busy men in the genre nowadays.
    The "Deep End" album u mentioned is unfortunately not on my shelf, what a pity!
    Who knows, I suppose its very likely that Glenn already met Warren by chance.
    The world is full of possibilities.

"cant stop the flood"
    Achim

• Hallo Achim,
    a very good thought - Glenn would've fit perfectly into the Deep End project. I really like the Live CD/DVD set. Not only does it show the great musicianship of all those people involved (as diverse as they are), it also has this athmosphere you totally dwelve into, and only very special occasions have. This is one.
    Grüße!
    Christian

• I had the pleasure of experiencing Govt Mule in concert back in 2001 at the Egyptian Room in Indianapolis. Not only was the band just mind blowingly great, but the eclectic choice of covers is a real bonus! on that particular October night, they played covers as poles apart as "What Is Hip" by Tower Of Power and "Rocking In The Free World" by Neil Young. And they have also recorded covers of "Sin's A Good Man's Brother" by Grand Funk Railroad , "Mr. Big" by Free and "He Said She Said" by The Beatles.

This band has the capability of digging into those meaty, funky, lowdown grooves and I could certainly see them taking an old Trapeze song for a spin.....

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!