Glenn sings ''Nights in white satin''

• Melodicrock.com reports:

Glenn, Chad and John Frusciante (Red Hot Chili Peppers) recently recorded a phenomenal version of Nights In White Satin (Moody Blues original). This amazing song features one of Glenn's greatest ever vocals. Both this song and the track Soul Mover have been mixed by world famous engineer Jim Scott (Audioslave / Red Hot Chili Peppers).

Interesting, as the Moody Blues were Trapeze's labelmates (Threshold) in the Seventies.....

• I'm trying to picture John Lodge reciprocating by recording a Trapeze song like "Your Love is Alright", and it's not working - LOL!

WT

• I can clearly remember a chat with Glenn some time ago, when he mentioned that when it comes to record more covers, Nights in White Satin would definitely be one of it.
    Personally I love Mellotron sounds, so I asked him then, who would play the Mellotron, hoping he would dwelve a little more into the topic (which he couldn't of course, given the fact that 25 people wanted to ask questions all at the same time), and he simply replied Ed Roth would play it.
    - so: did Ed Roth play the Mellotron
    Cheers,
    Christian

MEDUSA

• I do believe that when Justin Hayward and John Lodge toured as the Blue Jays, they had Mel Galley and Dave Holland as part of their backing band.

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Robert Plant recently did an album called "Dreamland" in which he covered songs that had made a lasting impression on him and reworked them. It's a fine recording. Hey Joe's on there like you have never heard it before (complete with medieval instruments). Now I am not suggesting Glenn joins Blackmore's Night I am thinking wouldn't it be a great idea for Glenn to do something similar and e.g rework White Shade of Pale, Nights in White Satin? That would be incredible.

• Face it, Keith.
    If GH did a single of "Old Mac Donald had a farm, EI, EI, O"
    we would buy it, just to hear what he would do to it.

PS......I never liked the original version of, "Video Killed the Radio Star."
    Then I bought "Vox Humana."

axmuremoticon.gif

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!