Can You Scream Like GLENN HUGHES???

• Hi...One of the best aspects I've got from Glenn is his amazing capacity for screaming.

He can scream in diverse ways...he has like 3 differnet types of scream...high pitch scream, other more housky, and well another type.

That's my poll....can you scream as he does???

Peace and Love Forever!

• Alot of his screams I try to do in songs onstage, but the one I love to do the most is the one on Written All Over Your Face, when I'm driving around in my car. Sometimes I rewind it and do it again!

John

• I remember sitting across the table from Glenn at the Velvet Lounge last June after the show at the House Of Blues. He was in a really great mood..was relaxed and his usual funny self. Every so often, he would be talking and would let out a little scream. It was funny as hell!

At that show, when the band played "Highway Star", Glenn effortlessly NAILED the opening scream and my jaw dropped....I remember looking over at Lou Carrier and the expression on my face must've said it all!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• You know, technically, anybody can scream.
    There are people in Hollywood who make lots of money,
    "screaming" in a sound booth, for horror movies.

But when Glenn does it, it's IN TUNE.
    And without having to catch his breath before,
    during, or after, the rest of the song that he's singing.

Nobody else like him.

Except possibly Godzilla.
    And Godzilla doesn't sing too many songs.
    He just screams, and then eats Tokyo.

axmuremoticon.gif

• Which begs the question - What kind of insurance do Tokyo citizens have against Godzilla attack? And what kind of premiums are we talking about? Seems to me that the likelihood of Godzilla stomping the city into smithereens so regularly would bring a pretty hefty monthly statement from Allstate.

Cheers...Todd

• Godzilla attacking Tokyo caused a few Japanese guys to scream, and I'm sure if you separated the wheat from the chaff there'd be one or two in the Glenn Hughes catagory.

I still think one of the best screamers around is Sebastian Bach. He proves it on his excellent "Bring 'Em Bach Alive" CD (check out "I Remember You").

And that CD was recorded in Tokyo.

And he sings the Godzilla theme tune on it. Hmmm.

JG

"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"

• OK, OK, you funsters.

Sorry that I mentioned Godzilla

in the same breath (oops, ) as Glenn Hughes.

It's just that Godzilla has better publicity.

axmuremoticon.gif

• And no-one gets his name wrong!

'The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return'

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Having heard John H. do his Glenn Hughes scream,I can honestly say John is a helluva screamer...No,Glenn Hughes mind you.

Too bad more of ya'll didn't lay witness to this amazing event outside of the Irish pub in L.A. post dvd shoot.

hahahahaha...there were a couple of witnesses...gee what fun............

• Quote from LARRY BRIGGS

Having heard John H. do his Glenn Hughes scream,I can honestly say John is a helluva screamer...No,Glenn Hughes mind you.

Too bad more of ya'll didn't lay witness to this amazing event outside of the Irish pub in L.A. post dvd shoot.

hahahahaha...there were a couple of witnesses...gee what fun............

Oh god I remember that.....I need to make some demos and I assure everyone I plan on doing some Glennith stuff...That was fun that night YEEHA!

John

• i would pay good money to see glenn do his version of ''child in time''.i think that he would be the only one with the vocal control to do it justice today[not like a spinal tap type of thing!] the progression of the scream/pitch is quite similar to the end of mistreated in the way it builds up.
    glenns the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

• Do you think the acoustics of a shower cubicle would allow us to get any closer to the sound of Big Papa on fire :)

• I used to listen to the scream in Medusa as a kid, over and over. And this wasn't easy sitting outside in the heat in my brother's car, running down his battery to wait for the 8 track to repeat. LOL

Then I got the album finally and was caught many times holding my little box speakers to either side of my head to listen to that voice over and over.

No one like Glenn Hughes. Never was, never will be.
    :cool:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!