Bolin Music Festival Aug.2003

• The 2003 Tommy Bolin Music Festival 'The Ultimate' will be held August 1st & 2nd at the legendary Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake, Iowa.

• Hey, folks...

It's time to stop procrastinating, and put those plans to see Glenn Hughes into action. And there are still three whole months to plan your trip to Clear Lake.

You know, seven of the times I've seen Glenn Hughes perform have been at Bolin tributes. And while it may not be a solo show chock full of classics from his recent albums, it IS a chance to see Glenn do what he does best. Not to mention that it's a rare opportunity to hear Glenn perform deep album cuts from Tommy Bolin's classic LP's 'Teaser' and 'Private Eyes'.

Glenn just may toss a recent song or two into his set, but even if he doesn't I won't complain about watching him perform Trapeze and Purple material. It's better than sitting at home listening to the Cd's.

Make plans now to join us at this year's Bolin Fest. It's a special event that you'll remember for years to come. And four of my very best friends are a testament to that - Glenn's performances of Tommy's music brought us together.

Cheers...Todd

• Wish I could!!!! Too much going on in my life at the moment & not enough money coming in.

To anyone who can practically go, I'd urge them to make the effort.

As well as the 'official' album, I've got a boot of another full Bolin trib show with Glenn & hearing him do Bolin stuff has got to be next best to recent solo stuff.

Coming from me that's saying something - I never stop banging on about him playing more solo stuff!!! (Though I own up to being a big Bolin fan as well though, so I might be biased....)

TC

PS I'm going to the Outer Hebrides on Wednesday for a week, so don't talk about anything interesting while I'm away!!

• So glad to hear that Unca Glenn will be at this year's Bolin fest!! Alas, I'm afraid I will not. We booked a vacation in the Caribbean at the start of this school year, as inspiration for my niece to finish up & graduate this July. Can't change that now, unfortunately. Can't call it bad luck, as I'll be in a beautiful place, but the timing could have been better (for me, anyway). I'll be thinking about you guys from the beach, though. Tom

• Frank Marino played here in Indy a few months ago..found out about the day after the fact..arrgghh!!and I only found out the day after..one of the guys I worked with said he was amazing..missed that one!! :( Now THAT would be a total blast!! I am gainfully unemployed at the moment and can't really say where I will be living and/or working by then..but if it is possible,I will make that trip happen!! That line-up of performers is just killer... :bouncer:

(Pat Travers will be here on June 4th....I will definitely go see him as a warm up to my trip to CA to see HLM at the Brookdale Lodge on the 7th! Hope to see some of you there!!

Yours in The Funk
    Bill Redford

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!