SITKOR Frustrations

• Anyone else having a hard time getting the new disc. I preordered mine the first day I could only to be told it was backordered until June 6. I tried a few different online stores and they all are in the same boat. Are sales higher than anticipated or was there a shortage on first delivery?

Maz

"Biting nails in waiting"

• Buccaneer said he would have it soon if not now.
    Website says release date is June 9th.
    I can't wait either!

• I preordered the Japanese version of Songs In The Key Of Rock and got it 2 days after they got it in stock. They sold out their first run and have more coming in this week...I am going to order the European version also..gotta have Secret Life as well...I checked the web site at Bucaneer Records and they said that it is enroute and should be in Thursday or Friday.

The new CD is FANTASTIC...hope you all get to hear it for yourselves soon!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill Redford

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• I know that everybody here praises Bucanneer Records, and that they do a great job. But
    I usually order anything GH from "Zig Zag" in New York, for the Japanese version, and whatever other version comes out.

For the first time, they have been unable to get the Japanese version of SITKOR for me, from any of their usual sources....and I'm patiently waiting for the European version.

I really hope that the reason is.....that SITKOR is selling like hotcakes, and they can't
    manufacture the CD fast enough!!!!!!

axmuremoticon.gif

• I am guessing that Zig Zag is a small independent record shop...when I lived in the NY area there were two shops that I patronized on a regular basis,they being Slipped Disc Records in Valley Stream and the late,great Music Arcade in Carle Place. Come to think of it,I bought From Now On and Feel from Slipped Disc back in 1995 and continued to shop there for all my GH music even after I moved to Indianapolis. The big chain music retailers don't serve my needs at all and I haven't found a shop here that does..so I go online.

I am always glad to see that the little specialty shops are out there and I would gladly spend my money there anyday!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill Redford

Yours In The Funk

• Just about everything I order comes from mail order or online stores. I gladly shop at these stores who have a genuine interest in the music they sell and are far more helpful than the big chain stores. I'll never forget my brothers face when he attempted to get "Magica" from HMV. Unable to find Dio, he asked an assistant.
    "Who?" she asked, looking quite baffled.
    "Dio" my brother replied. "The new album was out yesterday."
    The assistant rummaged through the shelves before producing a Celine Dion album and asking "Is this it?"

JG

Ps Hats off to Bucanneer....four days to deliver The Best of Paul Gilbert and SITKOR Japan imports from the States to my house in the UK. I love 'em!

"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"

• James, how's that Paul Gilbert disc? I have all his solo discs, but not the new one with the acoustic bonus yet.

Gilbert is about the greatest guitarist on the planet - the guy can play anything. He's got the speed of Malmsteen, the ear for quirky and infectious melody a la The Beatles, a penchant for punky pop songs a la early Cheap Trick, he shows restraint and taste in his playing, he's inventive, he's adept at blues-jazz-classical, and his music is a relevant, current-sounding mix of all of the above! How's that for pigeonholing him?!

Cheers...Todd

PS And to tie this in with Glenn, Paul was the guitarist on Only Women Bleed on the AC tribute. So there

PPS Grace, I think I saw a blurb about Zig Zag records years ago on Headbanger's Ball. Is Zig Zag a predominantly hard rock oriented store in NY? If so, it looks like a great store!

• Hey Todd.....

Gilbert's brilliant, no doubt. Ever since I got into Mr Big I've been a fan. I love his songwriting and I really connect with his humour. I have all his solo albums except for "Raw Blues Power", which isn't referred to on the Best Of.

The new track "I'm Not Afraid Of The Police" is classic catchy Gilbert, the re-working of Carole Kings "I Feel The Earth Move" has the same replay value with some cracking joint lead vocals from Jeff Martin. "Superloud" from a Jap beer ad is nothing special, and the "Second Loudest Guitar In the World" song features Paul playing "very fast for a long time".

Everything else is stuff you'll know....some horrendous omissions in my book but it's a good wide ranging choice of songs to show what Paul is capable of.

The acoustic disk "Gilbert Hotel" is okay....ten tracks of Paul, his acoustic guitar and various bongos and percussion. Some of it is good, some is forgettable. It's worth buying in my book though just for "Lay Off The Morphine" (it's such a simple song but I love it!) and the lyrics to "Older Guy". A cool bonus unlike anything you get with most best ofs. You've got all his albums like me, so you need this!

More Glenn connections....Paul played on HTP. And his "Maybe I'm A Leo" on the Deep Purple tribute is brilliant! And Glenn sings "Alive and Kicking" on the forthcoming Mr Big tribute/cover CD which Paul came up with the riff for when he was tuning up.

Okay, I'll stop now.

JG

"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"

• Yep Todd,

Zig Zag Records is a small store, in a small strip mall, on Victory Boulevard, in Staten Island, New York. I think that you are right about having heard of them, since they only sell rock, plus old and new rock memoribilia, plus new vinyls and old 331/3 albums. And they're pretty good with concert videos, too.

They have racks against the wall, where the new CD's are displayed. But they usually have a label on each CD, with sayings like: "Joe Shmoe, the drummer, used to be with such and such group", or, "If you like blah-blah, you'll like this". Just walking around reading the labels is an education.

If there's anything to know, Phil di Benedetto- the owner, Russ Dannecker, or Chris Dickie know it. What album, who sang on it, when somebody left the group.... (Chris was on "Rock and Roll Jeopardy" and only lost because they showed a quick clip from a video, and he didn't know what song it was from.)

It's a great store, and I never have to answer somebody's "Who's Glenn Hughes!!!"

Hey....when you two GHCP's are rolling through the desert towards the 2 GH California shows, after a while the car CD player will get hot.

Maybe you should have a list of possible songs, and should practice singing the lyrics (LOUD) as back-up singers for the show!

Have a great time!!!!!

axmuremoticon.gif

• Hello Grace,

Obviously Zig Zag Records and Slipped Disc Records are cut from the same cloth,right down to the white info stickers in the CD's. I am going back to NY to see my brother later this month and will certainly pay them a visit.The guys who run the store eat,sleep and breathe music which makes it a joy to shop there....

Support your independent music shops!!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill Redford

Yours In The Funk

• Ah more SITKOR frustrations......I just went to order it off of Buccaneer's site..and it doesn't get there till Monday thanks to a problem with UPS, according to an email from Buccaneer. Ah well that's UPS, those guitar breaking geniuses.

JH

• I was just told my cd was on backorder.....AGAIN.......Last time I use the online store I went to. They have been good in the past but this is crazy.

Maz

• FINALLY!!!!!!

Got my Japanese version of the cd!!!!!!

Next up....the European version. Hope this one comes quicker. On my first listen as I write and 4 songs in I love it!!! Great energy

Maz

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!