Orlando Report! March 2003

• Hi all - thought I'd give you a running report from each day here in Orlando, Florida!

Having said that, not much to report tonight - arrived late this evening after a bumpy flight from San Francisco via Los Angeles! Heavy rain storms over Texas, so they said!

First things first - at check-in, was told no paper tickets are being issued for the gig on Thursday...for anyone who made a booking via the reservations, you'll be advised to check back at 5:30-ish on Thursday afternoon, to confirm your show reservation - basically, they'll check you on "the list" and after that, you'll be all set to go!

The gig itself will be in the Lobby, so it's going to blow the doors off, judging by the size of the place

If any of you are here already or are going to be around tomorrow (Wednesday), be sure and look out for me...I'll be the scruffy one, walking around with my white CTC T-Shirt Dont' be shy, come up and say "Hello"!!

For all the Brits reading this....don't think I've come across a Yank yet...everyone I've spoken to, so far, is from the UK!! Unfortunately, The Velvet Bar, had a very poor choice in music tonight....really bad British 80's new wave and disco...Human League, Soft Cell and the like!! I'll be sure and have a word with the Hotel Manager tomorrow

Anyway, that's it for now....will continue this post tomorrow night - hopefully will have bumped into some GHCP by then

• Thanks for that report....ya gotta be kidding me, our GH is playing in a HOTEL LOBBY???????!!!!! That is amazing!!!! I don't care though I'd go to hear him sing on the roof of the place. Still, I imagined it would be a club with a stage.

JH

• :) To all those fortunate enough to be in Orlando, enjoy!! Please pass on my regards to Unca Glenn & Gabi. Wish I could be there with you all.

Tom :singer:

• Today was a toasty day indeed - high 80's and sunny

Seems the Management heeded my advice about the music....Trapeze was heard throughout the hotel most of the day, topped up with Deep Purple, Bad Company and other 70's sounds...a real trip hearing this stuff in a hotel!

Here's an update for those of you who are staying at the hotel and/or yet to check-in....your Velvet Sessions "All Access" VIP Passes will be ready for you to pick up when you check-in...so be sure and ask for them!

Looks like the Meet'n'Greet is for Pass Holders Only - you'll not only meet with Glenn, but also Gabi and all members of the band! This will be held in a special aftershow private room - all the details are in your VIP Package containing your passes.

Hope everyone else is enjoying these reports....for those unable to be here, I know it's probably making you extremely jealous but I thought you might like a day-by-day report....to make you feel like your here in spirit at least! It's not often we get to see Glenn live and solo in the USA - so making the most of it

Today they announced the show publically, so that regular hotel guests can join in the fun - however - for them, there is a $20 cover charge - it should be packed!

Later in the day, I headed over to the Velvet Bar in the hotel and met up with Lou Carrier, the Hotel Manager - it's Lou we really have to thank for helping us coordinate all these activities - he's been a star! He told me of many celebrities who may make an appearance tomorrow night, from both the rock and pop world....but I won't spill the beans, instead will let you know tomorrow who actually did show After about 1/2 hour, a Fan Forum visitor, Bill Redford, spotted my CTC T-Shirt and came over and said "Hello".

Bill Redford, David and Lou Carrier

Also, finally got to meet another Fan Forum and GHPG.net regular and the CTC CELEBRATIONS Competition Winner - MAZ1969...we had a good old chat about Glenn and his music. He also picked up his other prize, a Hard Rock Hotel Leather Jacket - not that he needs it here....but a great prize - $300 in the Hard Rock Shop - but FREE for Chris! I also met a wonderful couple, originally from New York, but now Tampa residents, Kenny & Carolyn Grady - we all talked about Glenn from Trapeze & Deep Purple, up and through to his most recent days, plus Rory Gallagher, Stevie Marriot, Wishbone Ash, Gary Moore and many, many others!

After Lou headed home, all of us continued to hang out at the bar and at around 9:30pm, we spotted Glenn, Gabi and the band at the check-in desk, after they grabbed something to eat at one of the restaurants...Gabi came over to say "Hi", followed shortly thereafter by Glenn and the guys, who were absolutely fantasic and invited us all to join them at their table. After lots of good conversation and insight into tomorrow night's show, we all headed out to get a good night's rest, in preparation for the great day ahead!

Carolyn Grady, Bill Redford, GLENN, Kenny Grady and Chris Mazzeo

Well, that's it for now....will be a great day tomorrow....look forward to meeting a lot more of you then.

Cheers!

• Hey David when I first came over to Orlando in the early 80s as a young buck looking for lurrrrrrv in the land of FM radio, I was instead treated to Soft Cell too! The playlist was Urgent by Foreigner, Dont Fear the Reaper and THAT Soft Cell song...and they are still playing it aghhh Still I'm glad the Hard Rock have finally come to their senses Have a great time guys. Say hi to Glenn and Gabi.(And don't you dare do a Soft Cell cover!)

• Thanks for the reports David they are very cool....Very sorry to be missing this....All the best to everyone there and rock them all Glenn!!!!!

JH

"We have a special guest with us tonight....he's world famous....Mr. Glenn Hughes!!!!!"

David Garfield 21 March 2003

• Sounds awful. Glad I'm not there. Imagine having to share a table with that Hughes bloke.

Makes me feel quite...INSANELY JEALOUS and RESENTFUL. (Not really you lucky sods.)

TC

• The jealousy and frustration is KILLING me!

Big hugs to you David, Gabi and Glenn - no doubt you'll have a gas!

xxx

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Sod it ... I'm coming. Just waiting for the 59 bus so should be with you all in about ... three years!

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• Hey Shirl, get the number 59 to pick me up on the way. i know a man with a submarine who will get us there on time !!!!!

• You know a man with a submarine, Chris? I DO hope it's in the sea and not your back yard! Beginning to wonder about my friends on here ...

The 59 bus never came - three buses came all at once but they were all number 66 and were only doing the one stop in Timbuktu! Waffling now, Chris - cos we're here and not there.

Can't wait for the photos and reviews, eh?

• Hi Shirl, Chris & anyone else stuck in the UK (or anywhere that isn't a particular hotel lobby in Orlando)....

The 59 shut its doors & went just as I reached the bus stop.

Guess I'll go & play some live Glenn on the stereo & dream of better places!

Can't decide whether I'm looking forward to reports or not!!!!!! (LOL) Do you think anyone'll be mad enough to put anything on before tomorrow?

TC

• Hey all...pleased you've enjoyed my updates It was good to meet you Kat and your hubby at the Meet'n'Greet....told 'ya it would be flexible

There maybe one final report to come....we'll see what tomorrow has in store....meantime, be sure and check out my brief review of the show with some pictures :singer:

• Ok folks...last report from this 3 day marathon...it's now 2:45am on Saturday morning...I have to leave for the airport at 5:00am to catch my 7:00am early bird back to San Francisco ||

First off... thanks everyone for sending in all your pictures... we'll put them up on the site over the coming weekend - it was great to meet so many fellow fans :thumbup:

So now, I'm back in the hotel lobby... Child In Time and Send Me No More Letters just finished and Another Day is in full swing :)

Lou Carrier pulled out all the stops again today, allowing us to take a sneak preview at some of the newly acquired GH memorabilia....this time the ultimate....the infamous "shoeshine" boots. Glenn recently tracked them down and has generously donated them to be displayed in the Orlando property.

hardrock032803-1.jpg
    hardrock032803-2.jpg

Later in the evening, a few of us were lucky enough to meet up again with Glenn, Gabi, Lou, Pat Travers, Jeff Kollman and friends for a pre-dinner drink at the Pool-side Bar....a great way to end a fast and furious 3-day funk fest schedule ^^

Can't wait for the next one - over and out 8o

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!