Enough is enough...

• It's one thing to write ignorant reviews, and then not to publish an avalanche of readers reponses, but now Classic Rock has topped it all - Mick Wall (Editor) has opted to publish only derogatory letters from people who obviously dislike Glenn and his music from the out set - oh, what a coincidence....kinda like the hacks who actually get paid by this rag.

We cancelled our subscription sometime ago, and we encourage you to do the same. It's time once again to bombard them with email asking what's their problem and to threaten a boycott.

Find below an example of what I'm talking about - I guess the definition of Classic has changed!! Here's all the contact info you'll need to send your complaints and cancellation notices.

• So David I take it the idiots didn't publish my letter either right???? No of course not, because a logical argument from myself that destroys their pitiful review would make too much sense. I don't mind if somebody doesn't like something but the stupid review can't even agree with itself... Screw those dumb bastards!!!!!!!!!!

JH

• You got it - no letters were published in defense of these so called reviews. The same goes for those of us who wrote them about their BTM review a few months ago.

This particular tirade is from the latest issue, May 2002.

Oh yeah, how did I get it....I stood there in the shop and ripped the page out

• And one more thing, as radio host Tom Leykis would say and I say to this reviewer who can't agree with himself:

CHOOSE A FRIGGIN SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mr Nick Foot seems to have put his name in it!as you can see from above that i have omitted the "Past their sell by date" bit because that is not true...in fact the stuff both GH and JLT are producing is keeping classic rock alive and kicking!!!
    If you take all the "old codgers" out of this mag,it'll only be a third full! are'nt they the people what this rag is all about in the first place?

Cheers...
    Pete S.

• It also seems to me that the writers of CLR are the same ones who were involved with Kerrang,Metal Hammer etc 20 years ago.
    Maybe this mag is not for the fans of classic rock, but a job for themselves to carry on slagging off musicians as they did all that time ago.
    Maybe they are too old and past THEIR sell by date and cannot get a job in the new and current music magazines!!!

Cheers...

Pete S.

• for Classic Rock magazine I hope!

It appears they've dissed yet another set of faithful readers...their excuse..."pressures of space and commerce, we can't cover everything in Classic Rock"...yet they regularly find room to include country, punk and other music that is no where near what you would classify as classic rock!

Be sure and read the entire sorry episode over at melodicrock.com - look for the headline CLASSIC ROCK MAGAZINE.

They have only themselves to blame...

Talking of melodicrock.com , right below that article, the details of the upcoming HTP live CD is mentioned...at least there is support out there for this and other bands, we certainly don't need to waste our hard earned money on rags like the one that's about to fold

• This is a subject I have always been interested in. As one of the only people ever to get a letter published in Classic Rock that defended JLT, I am thrilled this pathetic rag is struggling because all they do now is jump on the "They're too old to be any good" bandwagon. I would have used it for toilet paper long ago but the paper was too glossy. When Melodic Rock is online, who needs this over priced ill informed tat anyway?

JG

• Hi!

The whole issue is a bit two-sided: one might suspect the C.R. editors to jump on the "They're too old to be any good" wagon indeed, while they seem to have forgotten the magazine they are writing for is called Classic Rock. This way you are creating expectations from your readers that won't be fulfilled which can be frustrating. Solution: listen to your readers or change the title of your magazine.

On the other hand though, I think it's a part of the journalistic freedom to decide whether you will cover an event or not in your magazine.
    I can understand that a record company might complain (lack of publicity). But fans? Well of course it might be nice to see a picture of your hero('s) in some glossy rock magazine, but other than that there's not much to say for covering an event or not. Maybe I'm playing the devils advocate now, but the market for classic rock is relatively that small that maybe most classic rock fans hope to see their thing covered in this
    (single?) magazine that writes about it.

cheers!

- Fedor

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!