Soulfully Live... DVD

• Bootlegs in the desert?
    Gee, I hope that they don't melt!!!!

Hopefully, they are protected from theft
    by a trained, vicious, killer-attack guard dog........

Hey Spencer,
    I hope that the Blairgowrie Golf Center snow shovels
    are all set, and will be ready to find the greens,
    buried under February's snow.

And we all expect to see posted, after the UK tour,
    a great photo of "The Voice of Funk" with his number one fan............

:p

axmuremoticon.gif

• Hey shirean,

I am not bitter, just very, very, very disappointed.

The DVD is amateurish and thats the truth!! I could have done better with my own camcorder.

Does anyone know what G really thinks about it? I bet deep down he is embarrassed - I would be if it was for me!

As for the live CD, well, Burning Japan Live is a miles better live album, at least it flows and some inter song chat, Made in Europe is a miles better live album, I could go on.....

I'll be in edinburgh to see the show and know G will be on good form, as always. T'is a shame that quality control failed in its duty this time, as we have been spoilt with the quality over the years.

• I'm afraid I got to agree with all those who are dissapointed with the quality of the DVD. I don't think it's stylized and if it was, they would have mentioned that. I love the show, love the music but the picture quality is worse than poor :( You can't clearly follow Glenn's face or his hand on the bass. Amateurish stuff and it's a pity :( I hope Glenn's next DVD (whenever it's released) will be presented in a normal DVd picture quality. Check out Queen's latest releases - that's what I call the quality.

• I don´t know why, but I think that it was really bad bad performance... I think that Glenn sings really false in some parts (for example You Keep On Movin´) and I believe that his czech solo show (which should be in February in Prague) will be better (and longer).

• Really Ptr? Whatever you may think about the DVD, I'm surprised to hear a criticism of the performance itself. I thought Glenn and the band gave 110% and captured each song perfectly.

Everyone has their own personal taste, so I hope when you see him live again, you'll hear what I took away from this particular performance.

• Where Is The Best Place To Order The Dvd From In The States?
    I Still Havent Seen The Damn Thing !!!
    Me And Hoffman Keep Trying To Get Together To Watch His Copy But Cant Seem Too Be Able To.......the Cd Kicks Ass....but I Also Wish "in My Blood" Would Have Made The Cut.....

• Hey Larry,

At the suggestion of David Harrison, I gave NEH Records a try and was pleased with the price, service and speed of delivery. I haven't ordered the DVD yet...but when I do it will be from them!! :thumbup:

The address is http://www.nehrecords.com

Hope that solves your dilemna!:cool:

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• Thanks I Will Try Them.............it Sounds As If The Quality Stinks,but Since I Was Fortunate Enough To Be Able To Witness It,i Gotta Have It.

• I really don't understand why they put the DVD out like they did - he is too good for that

• I wuz really waiting for that dvd... and I think that it was not exactly what I was dreaming of... I think that burning japan is very better...

• I was at the DVD shoot...and I have never seen the whole thing yet, apart from a few clips on You Tube. I will enjoy it for what it is....a document of an evening with friends that I will never forget!

Don't dwell on what might be deemed to be lacking..appreciate the night!!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• The set list of this DVD is spectacular!!!!!!!!!
    In special: Written All Over Your Face

About all Glenn´s songs, I can say that MFTD is wonderfull and I still hear and aprecciate it everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn, you GOT SOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :claphands :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

• This is such a great DVD, with chad on drums and Dubrow on chorus and of course The Voice Of Rock givin' his best

• I have to agree with most of you... the "effect" that the production company went for on this DVD didn't work so well in my opinion. Some of the close ups on Glenns face where he looks pasty are a bit hard on the eyes... I also found it a bit annoying in numerous spots where the director chose to use shots showing the back up singers drinking their bottled water instead of an alternative shot featuring something more exciting (sorry if that's a bit critical, must be the director in me). That being said, THIS DVD ROCKS! The performances of all involved are absolutely stunning and it was a gift to have so much new material featured... Definately worth having (I purchased both release versions). I'd still love to see Glenn record a concert for DVD featuring at least 90 minutes of newer songs spanning his solo career, there are just so many unbelievably good songs to choose from!

nothing works like a smile...

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!