Who needs Hughes / Thrall II?

• THIS will put a cat amongst the pigeons - we've sat and waited for H/T II and it looks like it may never happen. Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise, because unless the boys really managed soemthing special it would be a disappointment compared to the first.

But I just got a copy the other day, and despite it's slatings, I think the Bobaloos album is highly enjoyable! I know I'm in the minority, but I liked most of it, thought Glenn sounded great and it's a fun CD. My only real complaint isa Glenn didn't sing "Slow Down" - I think he would've done a killer job with that. I want another Bobaloos CD with Glenn on, or another "Four On The Floor"!

It's a shame the quirky stuff is so overlooked. What with those two and the seemingly "destined to forever be a bootleg" lost Warner Brothers masterpiece, there's some absolutely great stuff out there that's not recognised as Glenn Hughes.

Pink Cloud presents Glenn Hughes doing another seventies disco CD, or a selection of rock and roll tunes souped up and delivered by the Voice of Rock. Now that would be awesome.

JG

"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"

• What would be good is a remixed remastered reissue of the original Hughes Thrall.

Just imagine that bass line in Beg Borrow or Steal thumping out like the one in The Way It Is :eek:

"It's in my blood"

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• H-T remixed would be just awesome....

Could do with a dose of big G funk now tho...cmon Glenn you know you want to!!!

• You aren't mistaken at all John...When Glenn was a guest on the monthly chat a few months back, he told us that a friend of his who works for Sony searched the tape vault for the multi-tracks and 2-track master tapes...and they were missing....

And that truly is a damn shame!!

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

Yours In The Funk
    Bill "Capt. Midnite" Redford

:ghcp:

http://www.facebook.com/bill.redford

"Cause if you fake the FUNK..your nose got to grow!" Bootsy Collins

• hows this for a suggestion:

glenn and jj rerecord the whole album as Hughes Marsh. JJ is at the peak of his powers and could add something to the original im sure.

"It's in my blood"

• Interesting, Wolfysmith...Glenn reimagining the Hughes/Thrall material in a modern context. I for one would love to hear a reinterpretation of a song or two from the album - ahem, not Coast to Coast :P  

And there's nothing saying Glenn can't redo a song or two he and Pat had intended for H/T II, as a solo Hughes release.

Thoughts?

Cheers..Todd

• Obviously I'm not opposed to hearing the H/T material, but to be honest, I'd much prefer his energy be put into new songs written in the here and now vs. looking back - although I must admit, the official Eighth Star release is something I'm looking forward to, so I guess I'm being hypocritical, although I think Iommi needs it more than Glenn ^^

Anyway....IMHO, Glenn is at his peak & then some, and it would be a shame to "clog" things up :) and as mentioned earlier, perhaps a separate Pink Cloud release some day, would do just fine for me.

Now, bring on the next album, not to mention the DVD and tour :P :singer: 8)

• Personally, my appreciation for The Bobaloos aside , I think we can safely say H/T II is not high on the agenda, and as David says, Glenn is really rolling. I'd be happy for him to use any potential H/T material solo. My favourite two on "Feel" are "Big Time" and "Redline". Check out who wrote them.

JG

"How can you lose, when you're destined to be a winner?"

• David, Glenn is in the here and now with his great new material like SITKOR but he has continually been playing DP mk4 material for the last few years for most of his live set.
    I for one would prefer he played "new" old stuff we havent heard for a while eg Lay Down Stay Down or Who will you run to, and mix it in with songs from Blues onwards.

Maybe he thinks his royalties from Burn, Stormbringer, and CTTB will shoot up if he plugs them enough icon28.gif

Good to see Wherever You Go back:thumbup:

"It's in my blood"

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!