US shows officially confirmed

• Yesssssss....with more to follow later in the year!!

Here's the official statement from Glenn's PR company, Mazur Public Relations:

GLENN HUGHES BEGINS FIRST AMERICAN SOLO DATES

For Immediate Release:
    March 6th, 2001

LOS ANGELES - Singer Glenn Hughes will make his return to U.S. stages this Spring as he begins playing the first American solo dates of his lengthy career.

"I'm really excited about connecting with my American fans," Hughes said. "This is a good time for me personally. I'm in the best shape I've been in physically, emotionally, and spiritually."

This short trek is a taste of what's to come later in the year.

Hughes' long career began in the early '70s as a member of Trapeze and Deep Purple. Through the years, he has also released albums with Black Sabbath, Hughes/Thrall, and a long list of solo recordings, but the opportunity to tour the States has never presented itself until now, as Hughes supports his latest solo offering on SPV Records, Return of Crystal Karma.

For this jaunt, Hughes has chosen to go out as a trio, bringing back guitarist George Nastos and adding drummer Brian Tichy. "You can't hide in a trio," said Hughes. "Everybody has to be on top of their game. I first saw Brian play with Zakk Wylde in Holland in the mid-'90s. Since then he's gone on to play with Stevie Salas, Slash, and more recently with Ozzy on Ozzfest 2000. He's a powerhouse drummer who understands my funk." Hughes wanted to bring Nastos back into the fold simply because he "loves his funky rock style."

"From what I've been reading on my message board, my fans want the funk," he said. Hughes has listened and agrees. Fans can expect a "best of" from the trio, including material from all stages of the artist's career.

Dates are as follow:
    3/22/01 Thurs. The Birch Hill, Old Bridge, NJ
    3/23/01 Fri. Jaxx, Springfield, VA
    3/24/01 Sat. The Voodoo Lounge, Queens, NY
    3/30/01 Fri. Jarrods, Attleboro, MA
    4/12/01 Thurs. Joe's, Chicago, IL
    4/21/01 Sat. Metal Factory, Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!