Queens of the Stone Age

• Anyone listening to Songs For The Deaf album? Absolutely brilliant.

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• This is one of my favorite cds this year. It wasn't at first. Rated R was so good that my expectations were high. I've come full circle and love Songs for the Deaf now.

Maz

• Hey, that's a great album isn't it?
    Always liked them, since I saw them in 1999.
    Did you know that they played next door to Glenn
    when he played in the Astoria in London, in 2000?

Anyway, earlier this year I catched the QOTSA
    in Amsterdam. They had Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters)
    on drums and Mark Lanegan (ex-Screaming Trees)
    guesting on vocals. Killer show! Lanegan can also
    be heard on the new live album by the Masters of Reality, which is a nice album as well.

cheers,

- Fedor

• Thanks for the reply, Fedor. Not followed them for long so have a lot of information to digest.

They were on our 'Top of the Pops' last week with Dave on drums - played live, which is more than can be said for most acts on that show. Ace!

Must catch them live but no dates over here for the forseeable future.

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• quote:
    Did you know that they played next door to Glenn when he played in the Astoria in London, in 2000?

Yeah....our friends at Classic Rock magazine decided that they were more "appropriate" to cover and sent one of their reporters to cover that show vs. the performance Glenn gave downstairs at The LA-II!! Go figure, eh!

Well, we Glenn fans, all had a bloody good time regardless...remember Fedor

• Hey... nice picture! I remember that night very well. Thanks for putting the image up.
    I remember walking around the Astoria, when I saw this truck and people unloading a bunch of amps
    and monitors. While looking closer at it out of curiosity, I noticed everything had a "Queens of the Stone Age" logo on it... Bummer! Hehe.

cheers,

- Fedor

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!