• "California Jam" 1974 and "Live In Denmark" 1972 will be released on DVD. T2, who produce the DVD's, were planing to release them, but now the DVD's will be released on EMI in Europe and Australia, on VAP in Japan and Eagle/Spitfire in America. Both DVD's are planed to be released in February 2005.

"The California Jam" DVD will include "Lay Down Stay Down" (which wasn't included on the old video release), picture gallery, alternate angles on some tracks etc.

"Live In Denmark" DVD has now been expand and will now include New York Hofstra University 1973 footage (cut's from this appeared on the Machine Head DVD). The Hofstra footage is around 25 min (all that survives). "Live In Denmark" DVD will also be the first release in a projected series of Deep Purple archive releases, "The Deep Purple DVD Collection 68/76 Volume One".
    Thanks to T2 and DPAS for the information.

"It's in my blood"

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Wow! They are both great news.

Especially New York Hofstra University 1973 is long awaited movie for me!! I have seen this on Japanese TV around 1974. I can still recall some jam phrases by Richie and others. I already got a boot of this but am so keen to get the official release. Thank you wolfysmith for the good news!

• Yes, this is great news!
    As you know, I'm not the biggest MK II fan, but new stuff is always new stuff and this is in bright colours, so it should be good release!

I just wonder, why someone filmed only 25 minutes of show - not the whole thing? Does someone has still something in his/her vault waiting to be release?

T

• They'll probably release the 1975 live in Japan stuff as part of this ongoing 1968/1976 collection. Don't know if there's any footage from 1976 though.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!