Don Airey tour 2016.

• Early spring Don and his band are coming again to Europe. I've seen Don and his band several times and this is a must see for Deep Purple, Rainbow, Whitesnake, Ozzy and Gary
    Moore fans. The 2015 touring band was amazing with Darren Mooney, long time Gary Moore drummer and the amazing bassplayer Laurence Cottle (Black Sabbath and Eric Clapton) and the extremely talented Irish guitarplayer Simon McBride (the best from Ireland since Rory Gallagher and Gary Moore. Most of the time Carl Sentence is the singer but last fall it was Steffan Berggren from Company of Snakes and that was absolutely amazing. A greatest hits show with Rainbow, Purple, Gary Moore, Ozzy and Whitesnake numbers and a few solo songs. A must see. What a amazing band. Simon McBride is the best guitarplayer I've heard in a long time. Don rules.

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• The ticket for Don has been in my pocket for quite a while, Willem. Guess you'll be going to Leiden.
    The Downtown Bluesclub here is a small, intimate venue where you can have a drink and a chat with the musicians. I look forward to it.

Wishing you a happy, healthy, purplish 2016!

:)

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Have fun Yvonne. For you also the best in 2016!
    PS I go to Leiden: my fourth Don solo show. I hope Simon McBride is the guitarplayer: amazing!

• I also only heard good news about the tour so far. A little difference in the line up this time: no Darren Mooney (Gary Moore) on drums, but with Don himself, amazing bassplayer Laurence Cottle (a.o. Black Sabbath, Eric Clapton and Gary Moore) and the guitarplayer extraordinare Simon Mc Bride there is enough to enjoy. Have fun. I go tomorrow to Leiden :)

• Willem, a lot of folks on this side of 'the pond' don't know who Simon McBride is......does he still play 'blues rock' or is he headed in a 'heavier rock' direction?

• Willem, a lot of folks on this side of 'the pond' don't know who Simon McBride is......does he still play 'blues rock' or is he headed in a 'heavier rock' direction?

Solo he seems to be bluesier, yesterday he played as heavy as you can get. His solo was brilliant, as were the others. I didn't miss Ritchie at all ;)

Nazareth's Carl Sentance just floored me. They played a lot of Rainbow songs, which had a fresh sound :clapper:

I can fully understand that Ritchie choose a new band/singer for his hardrock comeback.

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• The show sunday 20th was my fourth Don and Friends show in the last few years and one of the best. @Chuck: Simon McBride is original a blues rock player. In Ireland he is called the best guitar thing since Rory Gallagher and Gary Moore. He is excellent and can play the heavier (Blackmore) stuff as well. Excellent show of Don and his band in Leiden. When they come to US you should see them. They are worth it. Simply the best :)

• Willem, I KNOW about him...I have his first two albums.....'thanks' for answering my question......I like his cover of Free's 'Be My Friend' on his first album!! :thumbup:

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!