BCC - This Is The End... maybe... YES!

• Came to my mind while jogging...and lot of stupid stuff comes...if the next BIG thing - that is still of course a secret for me 'cos no one wants to tell me anything about it - fails for some reason...it just does not happen or it does not fly...I don't wanna paint the devil on the wall or anything but sometimes life doesn't follow the rules...anyway... should Derek call his old pal Ty Tabor...and ask him to tour with BCC if Joe absolutely can't....?

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T :)

• Thanks David - it's great to get the chance to hear the interview from last October. I'm looking forward to seeing how things unfold in 2013 and beyond with BCC. I still have hope that they will perform :guitarist

• :cool: thanx David for this again, i just listened to the interview.
    Some things became clear, the template that was made for the first BCC album was for a sideproject baby.
    But than surprisingly the baby grew up and now became a monster, noone could except this development this "supergroup" had taken.

Noone could except three brilliant albums in this short time and noone could except that a 70-ties based classicrock band would sound so fresh and new although it never denies the roots.
    And noone could except an obviously new fanbase has been builded up.

Let's say something about the role of the guitarist in this band wthout any hard feelings or senseless moaning about his non-presence for touring in 2013.
    The guitarjob in BCC is high demanding, no doubt.
    Live on stage you have to play this sometimes hightempo numbers like a racing driver to keep it on the track and fly through the bends.
    And the fastest licks always with great feeling and tone and everybody expecting this for shure. There's no time to relax, perhaps in the "Stratus"
    impropart, but that's all.
    I can imagine getting really tired after such a tour, and we all know how busy Bonamassa is going on straight ahead with his own band.
    Maybe Bonamassa himself was surprised hard which successful direction BCC had taken now.

Thinking about putting another guitarplayer for tour into the band is something difficult to imagine because:
    If you take a big name from the industry it'll change the bandsound alot,
    and the darktone guitarplaying with it's special bluesvibe is essential for the bandsound i think.
    I hope Bonamassa after doing his relaxing jazz/funk project will wake up one morning hungry again to go on this rockn'roll stage and with belief that BCC is really his destiny!
    Maybe there will be some tension in the band, so what, a rockn'roll band with too much harmony might become boring, ha ha.

Behind the scenes they are discussing a lot, and every interview Glenn had done showed that there is a great passion and belief to carry on,
    by the way i'd say Glenn's sideman Sören Andersen with his Yamaha SG guitar could be a obvious solution, if Joe Bonamassa won't really come back on stage with Glenn, Jason and Derek this year.

We'll see and wait for the news :bouncer:
    greets
    Sigurd

• Oh, so true... thanks Sigurd for a great critique of the requirements of the Black Country Communion guitarist. I agree that other well known players may not fit the bill and WILL change the sound that we have grown to love. I keep a flame lit in hope of seeing BCC with the current 4 members - Live - someday ! I love Glenn as a singer, songwriter, bassist, and guitarist. But, seeing BCC would be something special ! For now, I keep on moving and searching for more music to fill the gap for what is missing !
    As an aside, I went to see SoundGarden last night - a really good show. I'm not a grunge rocker, but, I really appreciated the quality of the show they presented. I don't get to too many sold out shows, but, last night was a good one (however, the gap is still there!) :cool:

• Behind the scenes they are discussing a lot, and every interview Glenn had done showed that there is a great passion and belief to carry on,
    by the way i'd say Glenn's sideman Sören Andersen with his Yamaha SG guitar could be a obvious solution, if Joe Bonamassa won't really come back on stage with Glenn, Jason and Derek this year.

I agree Sigurd. Soren would fit well, as he has more of a rock vibe ;)

• by the way i'd say Glenn's sideman Sören Andersen with his Yamaha SG guitar could be a obvious solution, if Joe Bonamassa won't really come back on stage with Glenn, Jason and Derek this year.

We'll see and wait for the news :bouncer:
    greets
    Sigurd

For this post you get the gold medal from me! :clapper:

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• I agree Sigurd. Soren would fit well, as he has more of a rock vibe ;)

Soren is more a rocker,also the way he acts on stage is like a rocker.
    The chemistry between Glenn and him is so great to see.
    Not only the music is important but also the performance,i'm shure JB is a great player but his stage performance is a bit shy...

• Soren indeed is more a rocker.......but not such a big name as Joe Bonamassa. Glenn and BCC have tasted huge commercial succes with BCC, featuring Joe. With Soren it's for us, the GLENN-fan-clan a good alternetive, but I think the main audience want a big name like Jimmy Page. And I think Jimmy won't do it. I think it's definately over with BCC :(

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• Soren is more a rocker,also the way he acts on stage is like a rocker.
    The chemistry between Glenn and him is so great to see.
    Not only the music is important but also the performance,i'm shure JB is a great player but his stage performance is a bit shy...

@ Trapezoid and Werner - nice to see that I'm not alone with my taste and opinion.

@ the gentlemen Willem and Stormy - :sint2: ;) :D

Let's wait and see what comes out of it when YOU two guys think... :p

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• I really think it's over for BCC with Bonamassa Lioness :( and I couldn't see BCC without Bonamassa... Glenn either in fact..

• I really think it's over for BCC with Bonamassa Lioness :( and I couldn't see BCC without Bonamassa... Glenn either in fact..

Ye it's fact that with BCC is over... :(
    Today when I listened "This is your Time" on the radio I realised what a loss is this...for all of us...
    I recalled the quarrel on Twitter, and all the things in the press...
    And for what was all about... :confused:
    They were wonderful mates...

Well, Joe's tour ends at The Beacon in NYC on May 18th with some dates scheduled late June in Norway (22), Belgium (26), and Amsterdam (29,30). I can't see Joe passing up a chance to take advantage of the success of BCC. So, maybe I'm too optimistic for a fall tour? :rolleyes:

• Ye it's fact that with BCC is over... :(
    Today when I listened "This is your Time" on the radio I realised what a loss is this...for all of us...
    I recalled the quarrel on Twitter, and all the things in the press...
    And for what was all about... :confused:
    They were wonderful mates...

yes... it's a shame... :(

• I predict its not over at all and there will be some gigs this year :)
    Wait and see for an announcement in March/ April

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!