New Solo Album (rock direction)

• Thanks Mickeyhank! That's right. Let's hope, whatever he says in the press, he's recording the album that he wants.

Love Teaser! Along with Malice in Wonderland, Stormbringer and You Are The Music, they are 4 of my favourite all time albums.

• after listening to Middle Of A Dream again, i have to say that is my favorite Glenn style. smooth as silk and soulfull as it gets.

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• I have watched and rewatched the BCC 'Live Over Europe' DVD, which in turn has made me revisit the BCC 2 album, which in turn has inspired further viewings of the BCC DVD again. I have a renewed enthusiasm for BCC 2. There are some truly great things going on with that album. As the band moves forward to the next release...

• I would like Kevin Shirley to produce an album which sounds like the live mix on the DVD, where the songs come alive. It really sucks having to remix an album on my own stereo system because the producer buried the high end in the mix.
    • I hope Glenn gets over his Led Zeppelin fetish. I understand the influence in Jason's playing style, but that doesn't mean Glenn needs to rewrite "Misty Mountain Hop".
    • I'd like to hear even more of Derek Sherinian. It still feels like he's been relegated to the background, a la Geoff Nicholls from Sabbath. Instead, he should be a greater presence like Jon Lord was with Purple.
    • I'd like to see the rest of the band contribute more of the songwriting.

So with that in mind, I hope Glenn and company knock the next album out of the park, and that they continue their upward swing.

• Todd,

I'm with you on the sound mix and Derek.

I cant understand why its not sharp and crisp like Journey's album he also produced.

I have played Derek's solo album from last year a lot. He really can play and we need to hear some solo duels like Blackmore and Lord did. We didn't really get that on the live shows either. I'd love to hear a 10 minute epic that had them trading runs up and down the notes.

I'd be happy if Glenn wrote the whole thing as a solo album and then got the rest to play on it. His solo stuff is easily as good as BCC so rather than shelve his solo rock album let them be the session men!

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• So Glenn is in the studio with Chad. What about a guitar player? Surely they need one of those.

In unrelated news, John Sykes has suddenly left the project he was doing with Mike Portnoy, although apparently no known reason why yet.

• So Glenn is in the studio with Chad. What about a guitar player? Surely they need one of those.

In unrelated news, John Sykes has suddenly left the project he was doing with Mike Portnoy, although apparently no known reason why yet.

Luis Carlos Maldonado (Into The Presence) was with them the other day.

I hear Richie Kotzen is stepping in for John Sykes with that other Portnoy project.

• keep it funky with kollman and kotzen too

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• I love everything Glenn does, much like all of you. I personally think Glenn has elements of rock in his funk songs, and elements of funk in his rock.

It is really hard to separate the two.

I would really love to see Glenn cut an album of re-recorded classic tracks, updated with a modern recording production values. I love all the old Trapeze songs, but the sound quality of those 1994 cd releases is pretty bad. I wish Glenn would cut new studio versions of Black Cloud, Touch My Life, Keepin' Time, Good Love, and maybe even Sail Away,
    What's Goin' on here...ect. That would be awesome.

• I love all the old Trapeze songs, but the sound quality of those 1994 cd releases is pretty bad. I wish Glenn would cut new studio versions of Black Cloud, Touch My Life, Keepin' Time, Good Love......

Smithy, you should try to find The Trapeze boxset from Japan (first three Trapeze LPs on CD...mini-LP replicas that sound 100% better than the 1994 releases!!!) :thumbup:

• I would never want to hear Glenn re-do any of the Trapeze tracks without

old Mel on guitar! :bow: I didn't really like the BCC version of Medusa with

Joe on guitar! :confused: Didn't really improve on the original at all! He just

needs to write great new songs! :thumbup: I think the road with BCC & Joe is

coming to an end soon, or should since Joe doesn't seem to care much

about the band as the others do! :( Could always keep the momentum

BCC have & replace Joe for a real tour & a 4th album if the 3rd one

does well! Just wish Glenn would also do solo albums too like Joe! :thumbup:

SCOTT

• Could always keep the momentum BCC have & replace Joe for a real tour & a 4th album if the 3rd one does well! :thumbup:

Chickenfoot toured without Chad Smith but but they couldnt have toured without Satriani and i think its same with BCC. Joe is a key ingredient to the band chemistry and live show. And who could replace him? it would have to be another stellar guitarist. Suggestions?

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• Its been a while since I've posted regularly as life had BIG changes in store for me. All is well and I'm back.

I have loved BCC since the beginning. I think that both albums are stellar to say the least. The music just moves me like music should. Saying this takes absolutely nothing away from Glenn's solo stuff as I get the same feel from it as I do from BCC.

Seeing BCC live twice last year was amazing! To see a lot of really young people so completely blown away by Glenn's performance, stage presence etc.. It was truly something to behold. Make no mistake, Glenn was at the top of his game and as inspired as I've ever seen him.

I think there is a lot of, and certainly early on, a tendency for fans of Glenn to have preconceived ideas of how this project would turn out. It went on big time over at Joe's site. Almost as if many didn't want to like it. I see the same here. Now fast forward a ways and many have come around to realize that this is some damned good music. Maybe its human nature to want to protect ones idea of what "their" band or artist should be? I think this is true to a great extent and we may all be guilty of this at times.

I for one would love to see BCC go on. They really have some magic going there. But this shouldn't stop Glenn from doing something great on his own. Whether or not this means a true solo gig or another band that showcases another side of him, I think it would be great and then maybe all parties would be happier.

• Hi,
    I've been a bit ill - for a change - and today I had (well, kids wanted to watch some cartoons and I actually kinda lost the vote, but I used adult's veto...) time and so we watched "dad's pal's" DVD (anyone who's been in a photo with me is my pal according to my son Leo). This time around we chose BCC's Live Over Europe. Leo complained a while but picked up his toy guitar and played along...(he likes fado and especially Mariza so BCC is "too noisy" for him)
    ...anyway to keep long story shorter.... I started to think what David wrote here yesterday - "expect the unexpected. Well, MK IV will NOT rise over Japan anymore - that's for sure. But what about Hughes/Thrall? How big that would be nowadays? Any takers?

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

T :)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!