WHO CARES: Another SUPERGROUP is coming!

• Who Cares: that's the name of a new SUPERGROUP: featuring Ian Gillan, Tony Iommi, Nico McBrain and Jon Lord. They are going to the studio next week to record a song for the benefit of a music school in Armenia.

Sensational. I hope the will record a whole album and we have another great band. Wow :thumbup:

| Burn | Stormbringer | Come Taste The Band

• Who Cares: that's the name of a new SUPERGROUP: featuring Ian Gillan, Tony Iommi, Nico McBrain and Jon Lord. They are going to the studio next week to record a song for the benefit of a music school in Armenia.
    Sensational. I hope the will record a whole album and we have another great band. Wow :thumbup:

Hi Willem,
    Isn't it strange that they just record a single and not a whole album for this project :confused: Speaking about supergroups: If Gillan and Lordy went to the studio with the gents Blackmore, Glover and Paice, yes, then it would be a supergroup. Not a new one, but an old LOVED one :thumbup: sigh, those were the days...
    Dag, Yvonne

"I might have been born in Liverpool, but I grew up in Hamburg." John Lennon

• Hi Yvonne,
    It COULD be a more long-term project because: DP seem to have no plans for an album in 2011 (touring unknown). Black Sabbath (aka Heaven and Hell) is unfortunately over and Iron Maiden: there are rumours that the latest album will be the last album. And our dear friend mr. Jon: maybe he is looking for a new adventure. BCC turned out to be GREAT: I hope for a new adventure with great old heros! Come on: WHO CARES: Let's rock: and maybe after that in 2012 a creative DP again in studio and on tour :)

• Hi Yvonne,
    It COULD be a more long-term project because: DP seem to have no plans for an album in 2011 (touring unknown). Black Sabbath (aka Heaven and Hell) is unfortunately over and Iron Maiden: there are rumours that the latest album will be the last album. And our dear friend mr. Jon: maybe he is looking for a new adventure. BCC turned out to be GREAT: I hope for a new adventure with great old heros! Come on: WHO CARES: Let's rock: and maybe after that in 2012 a creative DP again in studio and on tour :)

:eek: Willem, a DP album in 2012!!! Now look what you've done... (hm, miss a smiley crying crocodile tears here) ;)

• well for the begining of 2011 Mister Gillan have already a tour :

Ian Gillan is joining a full Rock Meets Classic tour (mostly of Germany) in January 2011, along with Lou Gramm (FOREIGNER), Steve Lee (GOTTHARD) and Dan McCafferty (NAZARETH). They will each have spotlight slots, with a backing band and the Bohemian Symphony Orchestra from Prague. This reprises a number of similar one-off slots he's done for this project in recent years.

Ian Gillan Jahrhunderthalle Frankfurt am Main Germany
    2011-01-06 Tesla Arena Prague Czech Republic
    2011-01-07 Stadthalle Wien Austria
    2011-01-08 Tips Arena Linz Austria
    2011-01-09 Frankenhalle Nürnberg Germany
    2011-01-11 Dreiländerhalle Passau Germany
    2011-01-12 Jako Arena Bamberg Germany
    2011-01-13 Big Box Kempten Germany
    2011-01-14 Geneva Arena Geneva Switzerland
    2011-01-15 Stadthalle Sursee Switzerland
    2011-01-16 Kongresshaus Zürich Switzerland
    2011-01-18 Congress Center Basel Switzerland
    2011-01-20 Donau Arena Regensburg Germany
    2011-01-21 Frankenstolz Arena Aschaffenburg Germany
    2011-01-22 Gerry Weber Stadion Halle, Westfalen Germany
    2011-01-23 Tempodrom Berlin Germany

It's for you Bee ! ;)

• Interesting project. Maybe I go to one of these shows.
    Oh yeah....On Ian Gillan's website there is a note about WHO CARES: A band for ad hoc recordings (not one recording but recordingS) and (here it comes) POSSIBLE PERFORMANCES! Come on, record that album and make a tour, please :)

• well for the begining of 2011 Mister Gillan have already a tour :
    Ian Gillan is joining a full Rock Meets Classic tour (mostly of Germany) in January 2011, along with Lou Gramm (FOREIGNER), Steve Lee (GOTTHARD) and Dan McCafferty (NAZARETH). They will each have spotlight slots, with a backing band and the Bohemian Symphony Orchestra from Prague. This reprises a number of similar one-off slots he's done for this project in recent years.
    It's for you Bee ! ;)

uuuuiiiii... wowwowwowwowwow ... wow :D merci beaucoup, my friend :bow: how very kind. That means I must go to Berlin over the weekend ;)

• New recording from Deep Purple is "planned" for some months... At the end of 2009 IG announced on December shows that they are going to start with working on follow up of Rapture Of The Deep in February (2010) - but it´s unknown if there ever started to work on it! Fans asking the band during the summer got the answer that they are going to record new album "very soon". Roger Glover made an interview for Czech press and he said that 2011 should be a year for new album - but it was unclear what he meant - releasing or recording. I´ll have a chance to ask them in following weeks...

There are also new dates for 2011 for shows in Russia. But don´t forget - Bananas and Rapture was done in gaps between touring - that´s very similar to this situation.

• SUPERGROUP: NO
    WHO CARES: NOT ME
    This group really doesn't do much for me. Iommi and Gillan have done their thing and I really don't see anything exciting or new coming out of this.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• how about Gary Moore, Don Airey, Geezer Butler, Ian Paice :p

so light a candle in the window.......
    i will be coming home tonite

• This sounds more like something like the ROCK AID ARMENIA project to me. Mind you, that wasn't a band, was it! A supergroup should be a band, make at least one album and tour.
    Purple has been dead for me since Jon Lord left - nothing against the brilliant Don Airey, but they should have called it quits then.
    So I'll second Frank. I don't care ;)

MEDUSA

• According to a reliable source ;) : Who Cares, the so called supergroup with Ian Gillan, Tony Iommi and Jon Lord will officially come March 2011 with some songs out. Not only one song but more recordings, that's nice. The format (LP, CD, DVD or DOWNLOAD is not known yet). Let's hope for a CD with a Making Of DVD :thumbup:

• :D dear willem, i think the combination of the musicians Iommi, Lord and Gillan is interesting. Mr. Iommi always garanties great guitarwork, now might be exciting how he interacts with Jon Lord.
    Some years ago there was a benefit for armenia too with Gillan and Iommi.
    Also Blackmore, Gilmour and Brian May. You can find a youtube video.
    Just type in "smoke on the water" and "Brian May".
    :bouncer:

• Thanx Sigurd for the tip about the videos. It would be very special as we will have the change to see this band on tour. WHO CARES (strange name for a band, but who cares). As long as the music is GREAT :thumbup:

• It would be very special as we will have the change to see this band on tour. WHO CARES (strange name for a band, but who cares).

Boyz ;)
    Honestly, I wonder where you get those ideas from that this is a new "super band". It was clearly stated in the press that this is another PROJECT for Rock Aid Armenia. Neither of the musicians involved ever said they are going to form a new band. Or have they been talking to you???

"WHO CARES (strange name for a band" - funny, couple of days ago I got a mail from Simon Robinson from dp.net with exactly the same wording... ahem.

I'm kinda fed up with this kind of rumours... :rolleyes: And I fully agree to what Christian that about this "band" before!

Hi Willem,
    The cd single with the tracks "Out Of My Mind" and "Holy Water" will be available from amazon.de on April 4.

http://www.edel.com/de/investor-re…t-bei-earmusic/

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!