• you guys this is the first time im gonna be watching this -(thanks glenn)which team should i try to watch -is the eventual winner a surprise? does the favorite always win? any info you can give me will be greatly appreciated -i know there are a lot of true fans on here -help the new guy out-i like this game more and more everytime i watch it

• Definitely Saturday's match - England vs. USA.

There can be some surprises; not sure what will happen this time around, so recommend you follow along as best you can. While the USA is in it, there should be some decent coverage Stateside for a change. Think it starts at 2:00PM EST this Saturday. ABC/ESPN are covering it, amongst others.

Twitter have even setup a page to help you follow along with all the latest goings' on! Check it out @ twitter.com/worldcup/worldcup

• The common consensus is that either Brazil or Spain are going to win it.

As David said,Saturday's England v USA match on Saturday (7:30pm UK time kick off) should be a good introduction for you & Germany v Australia on Sunday is definitely going to be on my viewing schedule!
    :thumbup:

:cheers:

Cheers,
    Ben !!

• Tony,

USA are better than people realise - 14th on FIFA's ranking list. Two top class goalies plus Dempsey and Donovan have proved themselves here in the Premier League.

Most in my office are pessimistic for England and reckon a draw with the US would be a reasonable opener, with both then winning their other games. We need to win the group to avoid Germany.

No European team has ever won the World Cup outside Europe so Spain (one of the favourites) will need to break that. They will walk their group but then have a tough team from the Group of Death followed by most likely Italy so a difficult route thru.

I got Italy in our work sweepstake so supporting them but they are an old team.

Brazil or Argentina to win it for me with my outside tip Ivory Coast to do well if they get out of the Group of Death.

The BBC have a good website if there aint much coverage in the USA

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• thank you my friends for your answers-my chicago blackhawks finally won the stanley cup after 49 years :clapper:

so to now watch the world cup should be a great follow up :clapper: yes david i believe your right about the coverage because i have att u verse tv and they have set up about 6 different channels plus on demand coverage so i should be able to see alot-thanks for the bbc link wolfy gonna check that -i gotta say though if the english team plays like a lot of those english premier games i watched it should be a team to watch also

• I have no idea whats happened int he world cup so far - as it;s Download festival this weekend and just been rocking mys ocks off to ACDC - I hope theres a big screen up showing the England v USA match tomorrow to keep up to date on whats happening! Although the game clashes with Y & T so have to figure out priorities! Man Alive!!!!!!

Love and hugs xxx :)

• As bad luck would have it, I'll be at work tomorrow and will miss the England/US match :(

Loads of coverage for the World Cup here in the States. It seems more people here are interested in the teams and leagues from other countries than they are in our league. I'm one of them ;)

Chip

• My predictions got off to a good start with a South Africa 1 Mexico 1 on betfair. Paid for lunch anyway. I am going for a 2-0 England. Dunno why as I respect the US team greatly (Landon played for Everton for half of last season and our Tim Howard is in goal) but I think wayne Rooney will be the difference. Anyway off I go to watch it :thumbup:

• England were terrible. Green's mistake means that all the clowns in the press and tv (ITV's "experts" are a joke) concentrated on that as if we played well otherwise. Nothing from free kicks or corners. Lampard went missing. the wingers hardly got a cross in. Green actually saved us a point by making that save later on. Why dont we play like in the premier league instead of farting about and just launching long balls to Heskey? Only Hansen on BBC1 has the balls to criticise them. Rooney cant score if he doesnt get any service.

Anyone who thinks James would be better in goal is forgetting his shocking mistake for England a few years ago. He aint called Calamity James for nothing. Hart has been the best keeper this season - England rookie or not i would stick him in.

Having watched Germany take the Aussies apart :D :lol: :clapper: :thumbup: we have to win the group or we are heading home after 4 games.

• dammit usa could have won!-if the 3rd goal was bad i didnt see it but i know i havent watched this game long enough to know -tell me what u guys think

• things are starting to heat up now :bouncer:! Argentina has proven to be one of the strongest teams so far, with Messi, Higuaín, Tevez, Verón and other worldclass players :claphands I think our Brazilian team has chances as well, but the thruth is we never play very well against defensive teams like North Korea, hopefully we'll improve :) I'm sad for Bafana Bafana, I really wish they could go through, it was great to see them in the first game heading towards the field dancing and singing, their joyfull attitude is contagious and inspirational as well, you have to do what you love and enjoy every moment, GO BAFANA :clapper:

Feel it It's here (in the forum too) :D

"Turn back the Time and let me in"

• How's everyone watching the games? there's people going to bars, clubs, squares. but me and my family rather stay in my grandma's house, its really nice 'cause of the huge backyard so we make some barbecue along with some tipical "feijoada" and "farofa" lots of fun with all our family and friends all together :)
    hope you're all enjoying the world cup!

"Turn back the Time and let me in"

• dammit usa could have won!-if the 3rd goal was bad i didnt see it but i know i havent watched this game long enough to know -tell me what u guys think

yeah, i didnt see anything wrong with it. should have had a penalty if not a goal.
    ref was poor all game and out of his depth in a big game.

USA aint out of it yet as a win over Algeria will probably see them thru.

i said Donovan would be a key player. i've never seen a goalie hide out the way of a shot before! :eek:

France were terrible against Mexico but shouldnt even be here after cheating there way past Ireland so who cares.

Germany unlucky with the sending off today.

• How's everyone watching the games? there's people going to bars, clubs, squares. but me and my family rather stay in my grandma's house, its really nice 'cause of the huge backyard so we make some barbecue along with some tipical "feijoada" and "farofa" lots of fun with all our family and friends all together =)
    hope you're all enjoying the world cup!

Been watching the first 2 games of each day at work as shown at 12pm and 3pm UK time. we have a 42inch tv up high on our office wall and also one in the staff canteen so pretty good for me!

• wow :eek: - sorry folks, but that was a really embarrassing performance from England tonight :sint1: Wolfy mentioned that Lampard had gone missing in the first match - my observation was that he (after all) only decided to start playing after an hour - today, at last, he joined his team half an hour earlier :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the referees are now beginning to take themselves more seriously than the game itself - see Germany vs. Serbia and the robbed 3:2 of the US-team. Shame.

But at least most TV stations are now using filters and have got rid of those terrible Vuvuzelas. Mind you, they were original at first, but they had become too annoying.

MEDUSA

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!