• Gicut58................it was err........................ a signed guitar...........by Glenn on Ebay! And you missed out!

The rock gets rockier - whilst the Funk gets Funkier!!! :lol:

• :) thanks, but if I bought another guitar my other half would go ......seriously nuts! (I've only got 6 and I'm still looking for an acoustic bass having explained till I'm blue that it's absolutely essential that I acquire one.......)

I trust it's gone to a good home, but why didn't you keep it?
    g

• GUYS - IN MY DEFENCE.............................................

PURPLEMUSIC - AS A "TRUE FAN" AS YOU PUT IT - I ALREADY HAVE ONE SIGNED BY GLENN (AND IAN GILLAN, DON AIREY, STEVE MORSE, IAN PAICE, NIC SIMPER, ROGER GLOVER)I.E. MY "DEEP PURPLE" MEMBERS GUITAR!
    AND I AM WORKING ON RITCHIE BLACKMORE AND COVERDALE AND LORD. SO I DIDNT NEED THIS ONE. ANYWAY - THE GUY HASNT PAID ME YET OR RESPONDED TO HIS E-MAIL. I WILL ALSO ASK GLENN TO SIGN ANOTHER ONE - IN SEPTEMBER AS ONE OF THE LUCKY VIP GUESTS IN THE ROBIN - ANY OTHER "TRUE FANS" GOING TO THAT?
    IN RESPONSE TO "GETTING IT SIGNED TO SELL ON EBAY" THE REASON FOR THAT IS SIMPLE - TO BUY MORE GLENN RELATED STUFF (EVEN THOUGH I HAVE MORE STUFFTHAN MOST "TRUE FANS". WHY AM I JUSTIFYING MYSELF??????? ) hughes thrall rulez - PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR DEFINITION OF A TRUE FAN SON SHINE? (i SEE YOU HAVE BEEN A MEMBER HERE FOR ALL OF.......2 MONTHS!) (oh and i see you "got into glenn last year when you discovered deep purple" (YOUR POST NOT MINE!)- cant get any truer that can you?)
    RANT OVER.................THANK YOU!
    NOW WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A FAMILY - WHATS GOING ON HERE????

Chutsler - yes I would have liked more, but the buyer hasnt even bothered to get back to me yet so it may become available again (or should I just keep it if he doesnt pay and please everyone and become a "TRUE FAN"?. Shame that Glenns signature doesnt command more, but hey?

• well, i know that we're all different, but as a"true fan", if glenn took the time out to sign something for me, I just wouldn't sell it. I would thank him and treasure it. Glenn signed a set list for me from the new york show in 2007, and then signed another one for me in detroit(2008). I'm not putting one of then on e-bay to sell it just because i already have one, i treasure both. if you were getting it signed for the purpose of selling it and making a profit because it has glenn's signiture on it, doesnt that make you and glenn business partners. did you tell him that you were asking him to sign it so you could sell it? did you offer him his share of the profit? what % does the man who writes his name on it get/ isn't that the real reason that someone would buy it anyway? when you ask glenn to sign the next one at the robin, will you tell him then that you plan to turn around and sell it w/out sharing the profit w/ him? if you have already discussed this with glenn, and you two have a working business relationship about this, then please except my humble apology.

if you're selling your stuff on e-bay so that you can buy more glenn hughes stuff(to assumably sell on e-bay) then, isn't that even more like a business venture? once again, are you including glenn willingly, or unwillimgly in your business? i notice that between yesturday and today that you had a signed FUNK cd that has been removed from your site. did you sell it or remove it. i guees you had another FUNK cd signed, so why have 2 ? did you send glenn his cut for that sale ? and you were offended by my "real fan " statement. all i'm saying is that in my own humble opinion, a real fan that has 2 copys of the FUNK cd signed, you keep one and find another "real fan" who wasn't fortunate enough to get one and you give it to them. That's what i'm talking about, just spreading the love.

lastly, i'd like to think that if we disagree w/ someone on here, we can keep it civil. if you think i crossed a line here, i'm sorry. but might as well be honest. i was offended (or perhaps surprised might be a better word)to see that you were going through the process of getting glenn to sign stuff so that you could sell it for profit. i see that as not cool and exploiting glenn. but i could be wrong. i mean, if glenn doesn't care i don't think that i have any right to. i just think about the fan who wanted something signed and would have always treasured it, but couldn't get their item signed because other people are taking up the time getting stuff signed so that they could just turn around and sell it.

and let's not get into " Hughesthrall_rulez" just because he's only been here 2 months and just got into glenn last year. he and his opinions on here are just as much of this community as you and i are. sometimes we just see things differently. as hard as glenn is trying to get new fans, it wouldn't be right of us here to get on them for being a new fan.

cheers and peace,

• Purplemusic - I thank you for taking the time to express your opinion on this subject. However - I must point out that you seem to jump to a lot of conclusions here about what I am doing and why, none it really being anyones business except mine. I do not mean to be rude, but you make assumptions about things you dont know any facts about. You stated in you first reply ".....but what do I know".....and my case is made! Read on.......
    For instance - the guitar I may get signed at the Robin would be a genuine Stratocaster that I own (one of 5) and this would stay in my collection. The guitar I had signed by Glenn, at that time was not signed with the intention of selling it. The CD of FUNK that was signed was a gift to me as part of the Liverpool Show package that was auctioned on Ebay (that I WON I might add ), and was one of two in the prize, along with two T-shirts - so Glenn doesnt really get a cut from that does he?. Now I dont know about you, but I can only listen to one at a time, so I sold it to a fan in Germany (my copy that I had previously bought was also signed so I didnt need two). He was happy - and the CD was a gift to me from Glenn - who I am sure was also happy.
    Finally there is no malice in what I said to Hughes_Thrall_rulez - he is as welcome here as you and I - and I embrace all Glenn fans - we are all one family - he voiced his opinion fair and square and all I did was respond - just like we are doing here - and of course it will remain civil. This also extends to Gicut58 - mate we are all friends here and no-one is arguing dont worry - I am glad we can discuss things on here!
    However, I take exception to the statement that it is a business venture and also that you suggest that I will obtain more items with the proceeds to sell on.Just go back to Ebay and check out the items for sale under Glenns name - there is plenty. I am very passionate about Glenn and his music and I invite you over here to come and look at the memorabilia and items I have collected over the last 30 years - you will be truly amazed I assure you! Sometimes there is not enough room in my house for cds guitars and the memorabilia, and the last count of my guitars totalled 20 - so as an afterthought I decided that the cheapest one was to go - in this case the autographed one that Glenn signed.
    As far as Exploitation of Glenn -well :-
    1. Knowing him well - he is not going to have much to say on the matter for sure.
    2. I dont see any of what I did as exploitation - Jimi Hendrix is dead, as is John Bonham, Bon Scott et al - they are constantly having memorabilia sold in their name - is it ok to exploit dead people?
    3. Gicut58 has expressed an interest in the guitar if the buyer doesnt come thru - is he now part of the "exploitation"?

In finishing - the guy who has bid on the guitar has not replied, paid or made any effort to contact me and arrange to get it - therefore I still have it - would YOU, purplemusic, like me to send it to you for free?

I hope this offends no-body on here - I too have expressed opinions. If someone is offended - I apologise profusely. I hope this matter can now be closed - but I am sure someone will want to say more?

Kind wishes

Dpurpleface

• I see nothing wrong at all with someone selling memorabilia whether it be Glenn Hughes, Eric Clapton, or, in my case US Sports stars. I have a baseball or two that have been under lock and key for years for fear of anything happening to them. This include a ball with such unknowns as Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Lou Gehrig, Christy Matthewson and Walter Johnson among others. This is a family heirloom and come s out only on very special occasions when my family is gathered. With that said, I have dozens of balls signed by Mickey Mantle, some of which I have sold due to the fact that I do not need so many balls signed by one legend. My ball from the 2000 MLB All-Star game has signatures from many future Hall of Fame players, including Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGuire, Alex Rodriguez, etc.. This also stays in a safe deposit box for safe keeping. So now I ask, what does that ball serve as a purpose in that no one gets the chance to actually view it? If someone were to offer me a large sum of money for it I would think long and hard, but imagine I would sell it. While having these items is a great thing, sometimes one must use logic to decide why it is your possession. I have a friend who has barely enough money to live day to day, and refuses to sell some artwork he has gathered over the years worth over a million dollars. Now would selling a Chagall be a disrespect to the artist ? Of course not. Everyone has a different view of valuables in their possession, and I see no reason to retain incredibly valuable pieces just for the sake of having them. DPURPLEFACE has every right to do as he sees fit with items he owns. Would you not be a 'true fan' of your grandmother if you sold the car she left in her will even though you have three other cars ? Of course not.

Hundreds of people here have bid for Glenn related items in the past, so I guess by obtaining them on E-Bay they are not true fans. The only true fans have everything they ever owned sitting at home and travel all over to get things signed and add to the collection. Anyone who has ever stood on line for show tickets knows that it is not always feasible to stay overnight a thousand miles from home to see a band and get tickets. So then all of us who ordered by mail and went do not fit the mold of "true fans" according to what is being said here.

I travel many miles a year for baseball, but have nary one signed item from the players I work with and dine alongside on a regular basis. Cherish the moment, not the physical reminder.

Now that I have written much too long do understand I view anyone who cares enough to respond here or garner the items along the way, for whatever reason, a fan. Sometimes going out of your way to be somewhere and get that memorabilia is a sacrifice, and if a time arises that selling that item is necessary, then who am I to criticize.

We are, as many have already stated, like a family here, and families argue and differ in opinions, so no matter what one's opinion may be we should respect it.

Frank:div27:
    "if only we'd turn around and notice the door to the cell is open"

• Ummm...if there is any justice in the world, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, and Mark McGuire, will NEVER be inducted into the Hall of Fame. The Hall of Shame would be much more appropriate.

Sorry, just had to throw that out there.

• i can see why this can cause some serious debate and emotions.

personally, i would never sell anything i had gone to the trouble of getting signed. the whole point was that i got it signed to me by the artist. it has a personal value to me not a financial value. im a fan & collector.

just last week someone on ebay was selling a vinyl copy of Burn signed by Glenn at the Brentford acoustic show. (they even had the cheek to post a picture of me talking to Glenn at the show while he signed a poster for me to prove they were there and Glenn was signing stuff! i got them to change the item listing to say it wasnt me selling it). now, that person went to the gig and so paid for a ticket. does that give them the right to then get a couple of things signed, one of which they sold? are they a fan, a moneymaker or both?

If he just went to one show to get something signed purely to make money then yes, i am mad about it.

BUT, I have met Dpurpleface at gigs over the last few years and in various parts of the country. he travels a long way from Liverpool to see shows (he has to!) - including Europe i think im right in saying - and spends a lot of his own time & money doing so.

Incidentally, John Lennon's original lyrics for Give Peace A Chance were sold today for $834,000. should the person Lennon gave them to have sold them?

most of us would sell at that price i think. but is that any different from selling it for $10?

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

• that reminds me of a joke; a man (or woman) walks up to a woman(or man) and says "will you have sex w/ me for a million dollars? she thinks about it for a moment and says yes. so then he says " well then , would you have sex w/ me for 10 dollars?". she appears highly offended and says" 10 dollars, what kind of a woman do you think that i am?" he says, " well mam, we've just established what kind of woman that you are. now, all we're doing is haggling over the price.

cheers and peace,

• Chutsler - yes I would have liked more, but the buyer hasnt even bothered to get back to me yet so it may become available again (or should I just keep it if he doesnt pay and please everyone and become a "TRUE FAN"?. Shame that Glenns signature doesnt command more, but hey?

No problem!!! I'll give you 61 pounds for it!!!!! :D

• Hola from Mexico, if we are gonna start bidding on here then I will offer 62 Pounds!

I am of course on holiday, so will pay on my return as Dpurpleface is my brother and he is picking me up from the airport.

Steve, flight on time, see you tomorrow.

Adios!

• Well I would just like to say that I am proud that I have created such a stir on here! I have enjoyed it thoroughly. N

• Purplemusic
    Finally there is no malice in what I said to Hughes_Thrall_rulez - he is as welcome here as you and I - and I embrace all Glenn fans - we are all one family - he voiced his opinion fair and square and all I did was respond - just like we are doing here - and of course it will remain civil. This also extends to Gicut58 - mate we are all friends here and no-one is arguing dont worry - I am glad we can discuss things on here!
    Dpurpleface

:huh:

ohhhhhhhhhhh im sorry pals if my opinion was offensive to any one here esp.dpurpleface i only meant just to say my opinion about selling memorabilia on e-bay ... :(

but don't say "he is welcome here and he voiced his opinion fair" noooooo pal :lol: say she is welcome here.she voiced her opinion i am a girl by the way :lol:

thank u pals and as dppurpleface said we are all familly and friends

peace :)

and let's not get into " Hughesthrall_rulez" just because he's only been here 2 months and just got into glenn last year. he and his opinions on here are just as much of this community as you and i are. sometimes we just see things differently. as hard as glenn is trying to get new fans, it wouldn't be right of us here to get on them for being a new fan.

cheers and peace,

:huh: i am just sorry if my post was offensive to u brother

i am just a new commer here and i am trying to participate and to be a part of glenn's fan community

but say she's only been here 2 months and just got into glenn last year

peace

thank u :)

From now on....

:guitarmet \m/

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!