GH & Robin George: Sweet Revenge

• hi

as previous readers will know i am robins webmaster and friend, i have had a copy of the tracks (all 13) for a long time and glad that they can be appreciated by both robins and glenns fans.

However it is an ILLEGAL release and i noticed from a copy a friend of mine downloaded from emule (yes i know that is not legal and do not condone it - nor do i condone illegal releases)that the inside cover states "Licenced from Robin" I can quite catagorically state this IS NOT LICENCED BY Robin, far from it, at the moment a lawyer is bieng consulted in regards to attempting to get the right royalties from this shadowy outfit

that said it is good that the bad bootlegs that have been knocking around for eons can be dispensed with.

in reply to the question as to whether it has been remixed, no these are the masters from the sessions Glenn did at Robins studio in wolverhampton and not the warner sessions which were done after this (these tracks essentially bieng demos albiet excellent ones).

if anyone has anymore questions they can mail me @ webmaster@robingeorge.co.uk or post them to the sites guestbook fo robin to answer http://www.robingeorge.co.uk

regards

Roy

• Hmm... So Sweet Revenge is not a legit release :( That's unfortunate, and I hope things can be worked out to the satisfaction of Glenn and Robin.

I picked up the CD last week and just posted a review in my blog - http://blog.myspace.com/damiendesimone

Some of you may remember that I used to rave about this material in the early days of CTC, so I felt compelled to comment on it now, many years later...

Thanks,

Damien

"I'm a soul singer in a rock genre; I've been trying to break out of the rock thing for years." ~ Glenn Hughes (1993)

• Hello,
    Would anyone burn me a copy of the "Sweet Revenge" cd
    and the Jap. copy. I would be more than happy to send blanks
    and trade some stuff. Just e-mail mail if you can hook me up.
    Thanks,
    galleyfan :cool:

SCOTT

• can someone please pass this onto glenn for me. Glenn do you remember me from when you stayed at the montague back in the late 80's, i am looking after robins site and would like to discuss some of the options with regard to the sweet revenge illegal release in order to get the royalties situation resolved.can you please email me at webmaster@robingeorge.co.uk or web@roycooke.co.uk.many thanks roy cooke

• can someone please pass this onto glenn for me. Glenn do you remember me from when you stayed at the montague back in the late 80's, i am looking after robins site and would like to discuss some of the options with regard to the sweet revenge illegal release in order to get the royalties situation resolved.can you please email me at webmaster@robingeorge.co.uk or web@roycooke.co.uk.many thanks roy cooke

Best thing is to email his manager - you can find that over at his MySpace or Facebook pages.

• i'd like a copy of this as well. so far, i've been holding out until i'm sure that glenn will get his cut. otherwise, i might end up getting it and dropping him a check for a couple/few bucks in the mail. i'll wait it out a little while longer and see what happens

• Thanks for that i have now emailed Carl who i believe is Glenn's manager about releasing this illegal release as a legal download from robins site with the proper royalties bieng paid to both artists, if this happens we will also be able to release the remaining 3 tracks, i want, loving you and steal my heart.

The aim of this two fold, one is to achieve proper royalties and the second one is to stop Krenscendo making money illegally off the artists back.

I will keep the forum updated and will also post news as it becomes available on robins site http://www.robingeorge.co.uk

regards

roy cooke

• I am waiting for carl (glenns manager) to call me back as promised to talk about stopping krescendo making any money out of this illegal release, once he has called back we will have a better idea of whether glenn feels that us releasing the cd remastered with the missing three tracks with proper artwork and not the disgraceful artwork krescendo produced is the way to go.

It is our preferred method as trying to sue someone in japan aint easy.

it has always been robing intention that this should only be released with glenns permission, now that it is in the public domain we feel it should be done properly for the fans and so that both artists can get royalties.

for those who like robins music he has just released the new damage control cd RAW on http://www.damagecontrolmusic.com as a download.

for fans of both robin and glenn it is a good month for proper releases.

roy cooke
    webmaster for robin george

this

• Hello Glenn's people,

David, or anyone, what was the solution to this royalties problem back then in 2008? Kind of lost this the way up here. Were Glenn and Robin getting their things sorted out with this album?

Greetings, escpecially for this year's Christmas season to all of you out there :)

On this track I can hear Glenn play the bass!!!

I decided to give the cd a try and put it into iTunes and my iPod. Gotta listen to it a bit :)

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!