Trapeze Beaumont, TX 1976

• A BIG thanks to teddybear for sharing these pictures with us - as he warned us they are a little worn, but we did manage to clean them up a little - so enjoy!

Since our original posting, teddybear has corrected some of the detail...more below.

Glenn with Trapeze in Beaumont, Texas - (sometime between March & December) 1976

trap761.jpg trap762.jpg trap763.jpg
    trap764.jpg
  • teddybear was kind enough to fill in the blanks as best he can, afterall it has been 25 years!!

• Right!!
    These pictures are definitely from the Beaumont,Tx show..
    They did play @ UTA on the same swing through Texas on their "appreciation tour" as it was billed..
    Shirean, how cool to be back-stage! My memories of those days are hazy as well..Please share whatever you can remember..
    My only other time to see Glenn with Trapeze was at the Majestic Theater in Dallas (fall?) 1972 right after You are the Music came out..memories fuzzy there as well..Thankfully, some of the show still exists on CD..
    TEDDYBEAR..Thanks again for the pictures..no matter what the condition!!
    billy :cool:

• The band I couldn't recall the name on another post was indeed Paris. The front man was Bob Welch, can't remember who else? Like everyone else my memmory is not as good, too many excessive evenings. I saw Trapeze in 1976 at UTA, missed them when they came through in 1975. Did see them when they played a bill at The SMU campus, after the release of Hold On (they had Pete Goalby as front man, I was not impressed); that show had I believe Lightning as opening act followed by Trapeze and lsat was Nazareth. A short time later I saw them at a small venue called Cardi'sin Dallas.

• David nearly fell out of his chair when he heard this - man, we wish we could have seen any of these shows!

So lads...teddybear, billy or Charlie, does this snippet jog your memories? We have it down as being taken in Austin - Glenn states it's the last show of the tour - do you know if that was Austin or elsewhere? Do you know the dates of this tour, billed as the "Appreciation Tour"?

Enjoy and hear from you soon...

• Rings a bell! That's a long time ago but I do remember Glenn talking about the "new album" and doing some incredible funk/rock...Is that from a CD/boot that's available? ..or what?

P.S. Chas..I remember Blackhorse..We played with them and Lightning/Rocky Athas all the time..I was in a band called Rambunction/Don Christian Experience..

P.P.S. Sorry ..I don't remember the dates, just that it was definitely billed as an "appreciation" tour and that Glenn Hughes would be performing..(I heard thru the grapevine that it be three piece and not include Pete Wright or Rob Kendrick..who I got hang with while he was putting together a top notch demo @ Dallasonic Studio in Dallas..but that's another story) :cool:

• I was at the Appreciation tour in St. Louis Mo in the Summer of 1976. Can't remember what month. They played at the then Kiel Auditorium. It is now called the Savvis Ctr where the St. Louis Blues play hockey. At the time Kiel Aud held about 7or8 thousand. The place was about 1/3rd full. They should have played a smaller venue. Anyway a band by the name of Starz opened up. Their lead singer was Steven Tyler's brother Can't remember his first name. That was the first and last time I heard their name. Trapeze performed well. I remember Glenn saying he had just bought Mel a new guitar. It was a black Les Paul which by the way sounded sweet as always.I remember they had alot of energy and seemed to really be enjoying each other. In their hayday in 72 and 73 they came to St.Louis quite alot. I Believe at least 7 or 8 times with the varies line ups. Trapeze was an Awesome band and truly underrated.

• I was at the Appreciation tour in St. Louis Mo in the Summer of 1976. Can't remember what month. They played at the then Kiel Auditorium. It is now called the Savvis Ctr where the St. Louis Blues play hockey. At the time Kiel Aud held about 7or8 thousand. The place was about 1/3rd full. They should have played a smaller venue. Anyway a band by the name of Starz opened up. Their lead singer was Steven Tyler's brother Can't remember his first name.

Trapeze with Starz at Kiel Auditorium, Thursday, August 19th, 1976. Show review from local newspaper, St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

• Wow, nice to read Starz supported Trapeze.

Starz' lead singer is not Steven Tyler's brother. It's Michael Lee Smith. He did have a younger brother Rex, who was an actor and also teen pop idol singer in the late Seventies, earlier Eighties.

Starz also had a great guitarist: Richie Ranno.

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!